Grolsch clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you also trying to clone the skunky flavor that comes in every bottle of imported Grolsh I've ever tried, or are you aiming for what it should taste like without the inherent skunkiness?

Are you also trying to clone the skunky flavor that comes in every bottle of imported Grolsh I've ever tried, or are you aiming for what it should taste like without the inherent skunkiness?

Hah Hah. For kicks I filled two green bottles from the keg and sat them in a window that doesn't get direct sun. They developed some skunknasty after 10 days compared side by side with some poured from the keg.

Hah Hah. For kicks I filled two green bottles from the keg and sat them in a window that doesn't get direct sun. They developed some skunknasty after 10 days compared side by side with some poured from the keg.

To be fair, I've never had it from a keg, only ever in the green bottles, and it has always been skunky to me (worse than Heinekin, IMO!)

To be fair, I've never had it from a keg, only ever in the green bottles, and it has always been skunky to me (worse than Heinekin, IMO!)

I bought some for the bottles, I had never had it before hand and I had one the first night it was alright and it came right out of the fridge, the next night I had 2 bottles the second one I pulled out of the fridge when I poured my first, I wanted to see how it tasted warm vs cold, imho it tasted much better being on the counter for 45 mins before drinking it, the skunky taste was not anywhere near as bad as the ones that come right out of the fridge and go into a glass

Back