Grocery stores and the retards who work there.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
Ok, this is a definite PTN 9 am drunken rant.

There are 2 grocery stores in my town. One is a par 5 from my house, the other is a 10 minute drive. Obviously I go to the closer one more frequently, but I hate going there. The store is populated by the stupidest people on Earth. I swear, they give every prospective employee a test and only hire the ones who fail. These mother ****ers are all dumber than a bunch of rocks, and that is giving rocks everywhere a bad name.

So this morning, on my way home from work I stopped at the near one and bought following; a steak, two limes, a bunch of cilantro, a bottle of club soda, a pint of deli bruschetta, a small loaf of french bread and a pound of butter. I got home and realized that the mental defective ****tard bagging my groceries used eight plastic bags to bag up my eight items. WTF!!!! And teh bastard tried to hide the fact that he used a bag per item by doubling up. Each lime got it's own bag. The limes, in their own bag got put into another bag that held the cilantro. The steak got it's own bag and was then put in another bag. The butter was in a bag and that bag was pu in a bag with the bread. The bruchetta and the club soda were actually allowed to touch in a single bag. WTF!!! do these ****tards get kickbacks from the bag manufacturers? How ****ing hard is it to put groceries in a bag? Don't put the eggs on the bottom and don't feel up my fruit.

/ rant

PTN

There's a reason they work at a dumpy grocery store bagging groceries rather than at the LHC, Paul...it's because they have the mental prowess of a sack of hammers (and yes, that's an insult to some pretty smart hammers I've known).

Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy"?

I worked and managed a grocery store for a few years. I started as a bagger, then cashier, then front end manager. While I can't argue against the fact that many people that work there are retards; I would say more than likely that he was just bored and ****ing with you.

Or, you pi$$ed him off somehow.
I worked in a grocery store as a meatcutter for years (and may be going back soon if an electrical job doesn't open up REAL soon) and the baggers were all kids that didn't give a ****. Just be glad you got all your stuff and nothing was damaged.

I'm just glad that there are jobs out there for people of lesser abilities and that they aren't flying planes, designing bridges or treating our drinking water.

I have had similar experiences. It is funny, there is a store that I prefer to go to that is further away from my house than other stores and they hire teenagers (some may be in their twenties) that have Down's Syndrome or other similar conditions. These guys are the best baggers I have ever seen. Eggs, bread get their own bags. Cold stuff together. Really it isn't that hard, they were taught how to do it and they do it. And they are always the nicest and most pleasant people in the store. Sad thing is that they are probably paid less that the waste of space baggers at the other stores.

It is quite possible that your bagger had OCD. If they did, putting the items in their own personal bag might be the only way they could do it.

So maybe they weren't a real retard. Just a social retard.

It's entirely possible that he was trying to be nice. Some a-hole probably complained about getting too few bags. Another b*tch may have whined that meat wasn't in its own separate bag. Yet another ********* likely ranted about double bagging cold items (clearly in order to maximize the insulating power of thin plastic film). The poor guy can't catch a break!

Then again, he could be a moron.

It's entirely possible that he was trying to be nice. Some a-hole probably complained about getting too few bags. Another b*tch may have whined that meat wasn't in its own separate bag. Yet another ********* likely ranted about double bagging cold items (clearly in order to maximize the insulating power of thin plastic film). The poor guy can't catch a break!

Then again, he could be a moron.

Odds are its either that or screwing with you. It really is a toss up. If it was due to him being a retard then it would have all been crammed into one bag. Working at a grocery store is a freaking horrible job. No matter what you do it is going to piss someone off.

I once made one of the retards at a grocery store in VT cry... Apparently she was upset that my friends and I all shared the same grocery discount card and didn't like that I paid for some stuff with $22 so I could get a 10 or two fives back in change. Then when I tried to correct her change making she cried...

I once made one of the retards at a grocery store in VT cry... Apparently she was upset that my friends and I all shared the same grocery discount card and didn't like that I paid for some stuff with $22 so I could get a 10 or two fives back in change. Then when I tried to correct her change making she cried...

You sound proud about that.

What I hate is when they just throw everything in together without thinking about it. I don't want my wife's perfumy soap the same plastic bag as my food.

And the next time someone tries to stick my chocolate candy bar in the bag with the hot ricebowl I got from the deli, I'm going to wack him in the head with the little rubber bar from the conveyor belt. Some dillweed did this at a Safeway and he seriously didn't understand what was wrong when I pointed it out to him. The whole concept of heat was over his head.

I often bag my own. I also bring my own bags, which gives me a .03 discount (how many times do I need to get that discount to buy one ounce of hops?:))

Uhhh, cause I stand when I take a piss. If I start dropping my trousers aroung my ankles when I piss then I'll start bringing those faggy bags to the store with me. I bought a steak, not a quiche

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nothing moreto add

Uhhh, cause I stand when I take a piss. If I start dropping my trousers aroung my ankles when I piss then I'll start bringing those faggy bags to the store with me. I bought a steak, not a quiche

AMEN!

On a side note, will all the metrosexuals please step over there ---->
away from everyone else. :drunk:

I was actually going to start bringing a bag to safeway. I hate plastic bags. They're a pain in the ass, and I usually only get a few items. Their paper bags suck, they don't have handles.

The make bags for whole foods and trader joes, but I don't mind paper bags as I reuse them for many different things.

So I guess I may carry a "man bag" in the future. Does that make me metrosexual?

"We're here! We're not queer! But we're close! Get used to it!"

"CCCCRRRRAAAAABBBB people...CCCCRRRRAAAAABBBB people..."

I usually stand when I pee, too, unless I feel a shart coming on...but you guys seem really concerned about this. Don't you know we're all a "little" gay inside?? Come here and give death a kiss.

uh, bring my own bag, save money. not sure how that makes me gay or a metro.

honestly, I get tired of having a thousand bags in my house. If it makes me any less girly, I do throw them in the trash, instead of recycling them (the plastic bags from the store).

Ahhh, it's ok, I wasn't calling you gay. Well, I guess I sort of was but it wasn't personal. And if you are gay that's still cool. What the hell do I care who you do it with. Or even if you do it with the plastic bags. Or wearing the plastic bags.

OK, I recognise that I'm being a little grouchy. F'ing Sox are stinking the joint out, I'm stuck at work again and CapeBrewing just text me that he's sitting in Bukowski's drinking the Duchess on tap. Tonight sucks.

Heh. The male nurse is challenging our sexuality over shopping bags. Appearance is everything, right?

I love the plastic bags. I have a good sized dog and live in an apartment. I need all the plastic bags I can get my hands on.

Heh. The male nurse is challenging our sexuality over shopping bags. Appearance is everything, right?

Geez relax, will ya? I honest to god could care less who is zoomin' who. Animal, vegetable or mineral, if you can talk someone else into sleeping on half the wet spot with you you done good.

I was thinking I was perhaps a bit harsh on the young man at the check out line this morning. I mean, at least he managed to get his ass out of bed and drag his sorry self into work by 7:30 am. And at least he is working, not sucking up my tax dollars on disability or some other such bull****.

And I never considered that he was just messing with me for amusement. Now I can get behind that. I mean lets face it, it is a pretty mindless job. I'd be thinking up ways to amuse myself about 3 minutes after I punched in. Hell, I actually have to pay attention at my job and I do things just to irritate the girls I work with just for my own amusement. Like this past weekend was "Annoying Song Weekend." Friday was 'ABBA Retrospective Night'. On Saturday I got up to the 23rd verse of Henry the 8th before they gang tackled me and taped me to a chair. I was threatened with bodily harm if I started singing on Sunday and the real bruisers were working so I kept it sort of quiet. I did manage one verse of Man of LaMancha before they threatened to beat the **** out of me. Since the smallest one on outweighed me by a good 50 lbs I thought it best to demure.

So maybe this kid was just messing with me.

Nah, he's a f'ing moron.

PTN

Hey, I bring my own bags and bag stuff as I go. Got to love Stop and Shop. Grab a scanner, scan the stuff, toss it in the bags, quick stop at the checkout counter. Done.

No dealing with retards, except the one who lives in my skin.

It was a hell of a rant, though, PTN. Rock on my Bay State brutha. :rockin:

Although, that's a great movie, I fear were headed in that direction at an alarming rate.

Brawndo, the thirst mutilator!!

The movie that apparently wasn't released into the cinemas because it was feared not enough people would understand it :rockin:

We did alot of stupid **** sometimes. One thing we liked to do was see how many times we could put the bag inside of a bag inside of a bag inside of a bag, you get the idea, before the customer noticed.

And then there was the time in Band Camp when we superglued Howie's flute keys down! You should have seen it, he's going crazy trying to blow an E-flat and we're just laughin our asses off watching him. It was GREAT!

Fun times.. Fun times indeed.

Moron would be the best guess.
Where i work, Out of ever 4 hired 1 stays for longer than 6 months.
Granted i get every 16 17 yr old kid needs a first job...Pay not the greatest like 6.50hr
But i have seen the kids who just need $$ to buy a car and work like mad when they have a goal or responseabilitys.

sadly 85% of them have no work ethic, no cares, and they think the slower they move the "faster" the day will go. Personaly i think the parents are part to blaim. If they hadnt have "gave" the kid a car and cover every other bill they have and just tell the kid hey u want this....Get a job Instead of u need a job so you can go out to movies with your freinds and have money for gas and snack food.

What i guess i am getting at here is, The kid probelly had a i dont give a *** attitude. Lets see how many people i can piss off before i get fired!!

I was reminded tonight that the hire ACTUAL retards at the safeway that I shop at. It's pretty sweet actually. Gives them a sense of doing something, being part of the community, etc. Sometimes they have an adult helping them, sometimes the less 'tarded ones get to bag on their own. It's kind of awkward to talk to them though, cause they can't really talk. Or I don't speak their language... but they always bag my stuff just fine. :ban:

I was reminded tonight that the hire ACTUAL retards at the safeway that I shop at. It's pretty sweet actually. Gives them a sense of doing something, being part of the community, etc. Sometimes they have an adult helping them, sometimes the less 'tarded ones get to bag on their own. It's kind of awkward to talk to them though, cause they can't really talk. Or I don't speak their language... but they always bag my stuff just fine. :ban:

Where I grew up there was a McDonalds franchise the was pretty much entirely staffed by mildly retarded people, it was owned the same people who ran several group homes in the area. It was always strange to go through the drive through, they would always read back your order in a way you couldn't understand and add things that didn't exist, like "a bag of apples" and random stuff. No matter what you ordered you always ended up paying like three bucks and with a Huge sack of food and it almost never had what you ordered. We used to go all the time though, because it was kind of sweet and they were really excited to be working there.

Back