Gridmann Stainless Prep Tables:Decent?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBaron1985

The Beer Baron
Reaction score
Wondering what everyone thinks? I realize they are SS top plated and the rest is galvanized steel, so there in lies the cheaper cost, but are they worth the money or wait for a restaurant going out of business to scoop up a stainless table one might have?

72"x24" Gridmann

36" x 24" Gridmann - This one would have wheels, may even cut the legs slightly to fit my 30 gal kettle. 34" is a bit high for it.

Casters by Gridmann they are 4" ones which look pretty sturdy.

I have two of them for my brewery. One on casters and one with the back shelf.

My basic assessment: You get what you pay for, but do you really need the next level?

Mine have been on my covered porch for three years. The tops are 'stained' with some damage from some spilled salts (NaCl or CaCl, I'm sure), but it is just cosmetic. No signs of rust. They do the job and I'm good with them even though I'm a 'clean freak' when it comes to brewing.

You could pay more and get more. You only need to decide if you need more.

I have two of them for my brewery. One on casters and one with the back shelf.

My basic assessment: You get what you pay for, but do you really need the next level?

Mine have been on my covered porch for three years. The tops are 'stained' with some damage from some spilled salts (NaCl or CaCl, I'm sure), but it is just cosmetic. No signs of rust. They do the job and I'm good with them even though I'm a 'clean freak' when it comes to brewing.

You could pay more and get more. You only need to decide if you need more.
Thank you! I'm on a budget of course. Are they sturdy enough for three 16gal vessels? Are the casters decent?

I haven't tried to load them down, so no promises, but they seem sturdy to me. The one with casters hold my glycol chiller, which is pretty hefty. I don't feel like it is at any risk when I roll it around. The casters are small, so don't imagine that you can roll it over an uneven floor easily. I think I saw somewher that you can easily roll a caster over a floor bump 1/4 of the diameter of the caster. So you might be able to roll them over a 1/2 bump without having to 'lift' the table.

If it helps, I'm expanding my home brewery significantly and I'm planning on buying a Gridman sink. I know there are better quality tables/sinks available, but I don't need them for my home brewery. I wouldn't use Gridman at my commercial brewery, for instance. Pro brewers are tough on equipment ( I suspect because they didn't have to buy it!)

Great info to know! Thank you for the feedback. Yeah let me know about the sink. I'd like to have a sink, but would need to do a lot of plumbing to install one. Future plans if SWMBO allows haha!

I dont have gridmann but I do have regency which is another "budget" prep table. I went with a 24x72 and it does the job. I wish it was a little beefier but for the price it looks nice. I have three 30 gallon kettles on it and decided to reinforce the underside of it with unistrut. It is now very sturdy. Before the strut it had a slight flex in the middle with a full mash tun which made me nervous..

I dont have gridmann but I do have regency which is another "budget" prep table. I went with a 24x72 and it does the job. I wish it was a little beefier but for the price it looks nice. I have three 30 gallon kettles on it and decided to reinforce the underside of it with unistrut. It is now very sturdy. Before the strut it had a slight flex in the middle with a full mash tun which made me nervous..
Nice I to have a 30 gallon boil kettle but the way that my vent hood is set up I would not be able to put it on the intended purchase of a 24 x 72. I do mostly 5-gallon batches and an occasional 10 gallon batch or 15 gallon if I can get enough guys to go in with me. The 30 gallon I would likely set up a nice sturdy 2 x 4 stand. It needs to sit far lower to the ground to fit underneath the vent Hood.

Thank you for the input!

I have one of their sinks and it's a really good quality. Guessing their tables are top notch too.

Latest posts

Back