Greetings from Wales, UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antonius_Varus

Reaction score
Hello to all!

I'm Anthony, and I've been brewing for a few years now (with varying success). My alcohol intake is now almost entirely drawn from my own brews, so I usually have at least one gallon of wine on the go at any one time.

I've been meaning to register for ages, but my memory is rubbish.

I was inspired to join this evening by this pint of pineapple beer I'm drinking, brewed by my lovely fianceé. It's a tad on the strange side, but it's more like wine by strength and thus kicks fairly hard.

Sorry for rambling, and thanks for having me!

Welcome! Be sure to share any old time Welsh recipes you discover. What types of beers are popular at your local breweries?

Torchwood is very educational about Wales for us americans but they don't show much beer drinking going on, just that you guys have pizza and aliens and stuff.

Oh God, Torchwood? Bloody hell...

I don't know where they find those Welsh people, but take it from someone who lives within 25 miles of Cardiff: Most of us really don't sound like that.

As odd as it seems, most of the locals drink European beer. I'm talking the mass produced imported stuff. My old grandfather preferred strong ale brewed in the north of England. However home brewing is becoming more popular around here as evidenced by how often the local shop runs out of yeast and bottles.

As for old time recipes, I did brew a damson plum wine a couple of years ago. The trees were apparently planted in the hills about 400 years ago by Protestant dissidents who later built a chapel in the area. Not exactly a recipe, but the ingredients had a certain ancient quality to them.

My thanks for the welcome by the way, my apologies for appearing rude.

No worries, man! I was trying to appear ironic about Torchwood being educational :D

Plum wine sounds gooooood! We just sampled a plum mead last week at a homebrew meeting and it was fantastic. Welcome to HBT!

Back