Greetings from Sunny Florida!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToBrewIsHuman

Reaction score
Hello! I have been a long time extract beer brewing aficionado and recently went whole hog, splurging on a Clawhammer 120v Brewing system. My tastes lie in the realm of stouts and porters but now that I have this system, I’ve decided to expand my beer palate and try brewing sours, IPAs and the like.

I’m very impressed with the Clawhammer system. I have a West Coast IPA in the fermenting vessel at the moment and have several lined up awaiting their turn (including a Russian River Pliny the Elder clone from MoreBeer.)

Looking forward to getting to know some of the brew folk here!

Tobrewishuman

My only issue is the 120v system is slow. The 240 system was $$$ but in terms of boiling, from what I’ve seen MUCH improved. I’ve only done one batch in it so far but next time, Ive thought about allowing my filtered water to sit out in the sun for several hours until I’m ready to use it to allow the sun to help heat it. Or, just boil water separately and add it to the pot. I suppose I could just use my propane burner to get things rolling.

My only issue is the 120v system is slow. The 240 system was $$$ but in terms of boiling, from what I’ve seen MUCH improved. I’ve only done one batch in it so far but next time, Ive thought about allowing my filtered water to sit out in the sun for several hours until I’m ready to use it to allow the sun to help heat it. Or, just boil water separately and add it to the pot. I suppose I could just use my propane burner to get things rolling.

I own a 240 V Brewzilla 65 L thing is quick!

Is there a way to add a second 120v element like the unibrau? Mine heats super fast!

I think it would be running short of space. The heating element and the cigar shaped mesh attachment for the drain might make it short in room. But anything is possible!

Back