Greetings from Saskatchewan, Canada!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopybrewer

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I did my first batch of beer 5 years ago and have been completely hooked ever since.

I started doing 1 gallon extract batches(2-3), quickly moved to 3 gallon all grain batches, and in the past two years I have moved to a 15gal 3 vessel eHERMS.

My absolute favorite part of home brewing is that it is accessible to everyone on any budget. You can make phenomenal beer with a second hand cooler, kettle, and carboy. I believe brewing good beer is a direct product of knowing/dialing in your own process, being creative, and taking some risks. That being said, unfortunately for my wallet, I am a total gear head and am obsessed with shiny things *sigh*.

My favorite style of beer to brew and drink is an imperial stout. I appreciate all beer styles but malt forward beers are where my heart is.

I am excited to learn and draw from the wealth of experience and knowledge here on the form to improve my beer. I am also excited to lend some friendly advice to new homebrewers getting into this amazing hobby.

Cheers, see you in form!
LoopyBrewer

Welcome to HBT. You won't learn from me, because I don't even have that second hand cooler you mentioned.:)
If you've brewed an imperial stout a few times with good results, I think your recipe and aging notes would be of interest.

Last edited:
Welcome to HBT. You won't learn from me, because I don't even have that second hand cooler you mentioned.:)
If you've brewed an imprial stout a few times with good results, I think your recipe and aging notes would be of interest.

Oh that would be cool to make a post on my imperial stout recipe and notes. I have brewed it 5 or 6 times with, in my opinion, great results. I still have a few bottles from different batches of that same recipe that are 2 and 1 years old, and I also have a small batch aging on oak cubes as we speak! It would be a fun comparison to do!

Thanks for the welcoming words!:)

Welcome! They say there are two seasons in Saskatchewan: winter and July. Lol. I lived there many moons ago. Lots of great beer out there.
You’ve got it right! Looking forward to July ;). Yes there are some really great breweries! Thanks for the words of welcome!

Love the intro! i've been brewing with the same 10 gallon round cooler for 20 years...it's got a couple cracks in it now though, and i've been grinding teeth over wither i want to spend the $40-50 on a new one for a few months now......lol

Welcome! :mug:

Love the intro! i've been brewing with the same 10 gallon round cooler for 20 years...it's got a couple cracks in it now though, and i've been grinding teeth over wither i want to spend the $40-50 on a new one for a few months now......lol

Welcome! :mug:

Thanks for the kind words! I can definitely understand being hesitant, that's a few brew days worth of ingredients! After time you grow weirdly attached to certain pieces of equipment, its hard to replace them.

Thanks for the welcome! Ugh, I wish I could say you were wrong...better start saving yesterday ;)!

there's a free program called Microsoft Money (Sunset)....I have my alcohol spending sub catorgirized, Cleaning, Equipment, Ingredients, & Unspecified (for the rare occasion i buy alcohol....)

Back