Greetings from Northwest Arkansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paperarmadillo

Reaction score
Hey all, just joined from NWA.

My husband is the beer brewer of the operation, and I’m just starting with hard ciders after having to leave our favorite cidery behind when we moved across the country from Utah.

I’m originally from New England, so apples run in my blood and I’m looking to totally nerd out and plant some long forgotten apple varieties to establish my own cider orchard.

Welcome to the forum. I grew up in central AR, and only moved a couple years ago.

What apple varieties are you considering? I’ve always been interested in just how many apple varieties there are.

Welcome to the forum. I grew up in central AR, and only moved a couple years ago.

What apple varieties are you considering? I’ve always been interested in just how many apple varieties there are.
I'm planning on Arkansas Black, Blacktwig Mammoth, and if I can find a grower with one of the last Arkansas Beauty trees, that would be my unicorn. I want to mainly have a NWA heritage orchard because many of the old southern apple varieties have been lost in the last century but as a former new englander, I also need my Macintosh

Latest posts

Back