Greetings from beautiful Delaware!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowmage36

Reaction score
Good morning all. I'm a long time lurker, first time member. I've been brewing for a few years now, and have a decent number of batches (>20, but who's counting?) under my belt. I currently do a mix of all grain and extract, depending on my access to equipment, though I hope to be able to go completely all grain in the near future, once I can get myself a decent MLT (currently don't have lautering capability without borrowing gear from my brew buddy).

So hello to everyone, and especially anyone from the northern Delaware area!

Hello from just down the road in Harford County Maryland!!!

There's a lot of us Tri-State brewers around, keep an eye out for brewdays. Although it's short notice, we're meeting up this Sat in Joppa, MD.

Welcome to HBT! Check around for some of the DIY mash tun posts out there. You can go all grain for less than $60.00 usually using a cooler, braided toilet supply line, and a ball valve. Again, welcome to the boards!

I've already read over FlyGuy's excellent tutorial on making a MLT from a 10-gallon cooler. That's the plan as soon as I can find the time.

And thanks for the invite, jezter, though I'm unfortunately going to be up in NYC this coming weekend. However, I'll definitely keep my eyes open for future brewdays!

Welcome! Used to live in Elkton, now live in Downingtown pa. My company has an office in Newark, that I am in from time to time. Do you shop at How do you brew?

Welcome! Used to live in Elkton, now live in Downingtown pa. My company has an office in Newark, that I am in from time to time. Do you shop at How do you brew?

Yes, I shop at HDYB. It's my LHBS of choice, though I sometimes stop at Wine and Beer Emporium off of 202 in Chadds Ford on my way home from work sometimes (I work in West Chester, PA). Joe Gallo's (owner of HDYB) pumpkin ale is now a standard brew of mine around this time of year. Brewed it last year and it went over fantastically, did it again this year with some tweaks, and it again went over awesomely.

Back