Green bullet hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollisBT

Reaction score
Has anyone here brewed with these yet? I was given a pound of them and am not quite sure what I should brew with them. Hopefully someone has used them before and can give me some insight! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yes I have. Great clean bittering hop, I've been using it to bitter saisons, a couple ipas, some brett beers and sours. The new thing I've been trying is using it for aroma. I did a SMaSH with Vienna and Green Bullet, and it was very nice, esp. as a subtle dry hop. It is floral. I get some fruit, like pear, but part of that may have been the WLP530 yeast. I will be dry hopping a winter warmer IPA with that and Mosaic soon. Green Flash makes a Triple IPA called Green Bullet that is all Green Bullet and Pacific Gem, but the Gem takes over a bit (strong dark berry/oak). I like Green Bullet and I think you can have a lot of fun with it.

I used them for bittering once as well. I think it was an AHS Sessions Coffee Stout kit. Seemed OK. Couldn't tell you what they taste like as they were for bittering.

Hmmm, I was considering using them in a smash to see what they were like.

Thanks for the input guys, sounds like maybe it would be a good candidate for a simple APA or English bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back