Greatest Sour EVAR?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worlddivides

Reaction score
So I went to Russian River yesterday and it was Zwanze Day, so I almost ended up drinking more beer from Cantillon than I did beer from Russian River (though I did have Supplication, Framboise for a Cure, and Pliny the Elder, all of which I had enjoyed before and all of which rule).

So I had Cantillon Kriek, Cantillon Grand Cru, and Cantillon Gueuze. I had had all of those beers before except the Grand Cru, and I have to say... Though it wasn't the first time I've had it before, I have to say that Cantillon Gueuze may be the greatest sour beer on the planet. There are a couple other sours in the same league, but I dunno. That's just such an amazingly well-made beer. So good. Just... so, so good.

(drool)

I can't get Russian River or Cantillon where I'm at. :(

I was at Zwanze day in Honolulu. The official beer there was a Framboise. Was that not the case by you?
They had several others on tap as well.

I was at Zwanze day in Honolulu. The official beer there was a Framboise. Was that not the case by you?
They had several others on tap as well.

They had one beer by Cantillon that just said "Zwanze" on it. I didn't order that one because I overheard someone either saying that it was already gone or that it was almost gone. I don't remember, but I was more interested in some of the other Cantillons.

So, the Cantillon they had on tap at Russian River yesterday was: Zwanze, Kriek, Grand Cru, and Gueuze. They might have had one other Cantillon, but then again, it might have just been those 4.

I did have Russian River's Framboise for a Cure, but not sure if the Cantillon Zwanze was a framboise too or not.

Consecration was my top until I OD'd on sours.

Consecration is awesome, but I actually prefer Supplication a little.

...And how can you OD on sours? That's like ODing on... lagers... or ODing on pale ales... But even harder, because I could imagine getting temporarily sick of lagers or pale ales, but I can't imagine getting sick of sours in general...

Back