Greate resource for All Grain Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Sudster

Reaction score
"Designing Great Beers" by Ray Daniels is an excellant book for "All Grain" home brewing. It is quite detailed and not for the beginner.

it's a very good book.

also try "New Brewing Lager Beer" by Gregg Noonan. talk about deep! but a very good resource book for decoction mashing, yeast info, water treatment, etc.

Sudster said:
"Designing Great Beers" by Ray Daniels is an excellant book for "All Grain" home brewing. It is quite detailed and not for the beginner.

Yes, great book. I really have to be in the mood to learn something to crack it open, though. It ain't light reading!

I 4th this recommendation. When you're ready to take it to the next level, this book is an excellent resource. To be honest, he's a bit too serious and meticulous for my style at times (imagine that...the guy mentions something called 'specific gravity' an awful lot ;)), but it's all great info, and you can take what you want and apply it to your situation.

w00t! ft wayne library actually has it :) i'm looking for a new beer book, i can't ready charlie's book anymoer, and he's not that specific on all grain anyway.

well look out bubba, 'cause Gregg Noonan is specific. :~0

like Janx said, this guy is hard-core-brew-geek!

lol, the hydrometer? wtf is that?

anyhoo, the second half of daniels book is excellent, explaining the history of styles and breaking down national homebrew winners by ingredients and variations in ingredients etc is pretty slick... i've been stumbling, making style recipes on the fly and this guy's work will really help me streamline and make some more accurate brews :) i'll have to put this one on the wishlist for xmas or birthday cause the library will want it back sooner or later.

Noonan's book is great. I've broken the spine referencing it. Do you really think he gets his ale wort to low 50 F to floc out ? Must take a couple of days for the yeast to kick in.

DeRoux's Broux said:
it's a very good book.

also try "New Brewing Lager Beer" by Gregg Noonan. talk about deep! but a very good resource book for decoction mashing, yeast info, water treatment, etc.

Yep, got both of these thanks to high recommendations right here at HBT! Both are 'bibles' for me!

Back