Great source for malts and hops !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great prices...but they only ship FedEx Ground...

$40 to ship a 55 lb sack of 2-row to my door ($66.77 total). Perhaps I'll use them for hops and specialty grains, but bulk grain is too expensive to ship that way!

Here is where I got that link from. The commercial side might have more locations. We have one in Calgary. I am going to see if they can supply more of the stuff thats in that catalog locally.

Yuri_Rage said:
Great prices...but they only ship FedEx Ground...

$40 to ship a 55 lb sack of 2-row to my door ($66.77 total). Perhaps I'll use them for hops and specialty grains, but bulk grain is too expensive to ship that way!

They use freight for orders over a certain amount (200 lb, I believe), which is much, much cheaper. The way to do it is to get a group buy together (unless you brew enough to order 200+ lbs yourself.

The best thing about a group buy is that you could get bags of base malts and split bags of specialty malts that you don't need so much of.

Back