Great Lakes Brewfest (WI/IL)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exo

Reaction score
Where: Festival Park, Racine, WI
When: Saturday, Sept. 16th, 2006 3p-7p

$25/advance and $30/door...Desig. Driver/$15

Unlimited Sampling!

I see the major brewer sponsors to be Anchor Steam, Capitol Brewery, Goose Island, Lakefront Brewery, Leinie's, Pete's Wicked Ale, Point, Sam Adams, Schell, Shiner Bock, Sierra Nevada and Bell's.

A homebrew competition as well for those that didn't know about this event.

Here's a list of the Brewer's signed up:
Allagash Brewing Company
Anchor Brewing Company
August Schell Brewing Company
Barley Island Brewing Company
Belle City Home Brewers & Vintners
Bells Brewing Company, Inc.
Big Sky Brewing Company
Boston Beer Co.
Breckenridge Brewery
Capital Brewery Company
City Brewery
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Falls Brewing Company
Flatlander's
Flying Dog Brewery
Fort Collins Brewing
Founders Brewing Company
Goose Island Brewing Company
Grays Brewing Company
Great Lakes Brewing Company
Green Mountain Beverage
Harbor City Brewing Company
Harborside Brewing Company
High Falls Brewing Co
Home Brew Clubs
III Dachshunds Brewing
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
James Page Brewing Company
Joseph Huber Brewing Company
Kenosha Bidal Society
Lagunitas Brewing Company
Lakefront Brewing Company
Longnecks Brew Pub
Lost Coast Brewery
Miller Brewing Pilot House
Milwaukee Ale House
New Glarus Brewing Company
New Holland Brewing Company
Oskar Blues Brewery
Otter Creek Brewing
Pete's Brewing Company
Redhook Ale Brewery
Riverside Brewery
Rogue Ales
Sand Creek Brewing Company
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Slab City Brewery Company
Smuttynose Brewing Company
South Shore Brewery
Spoetzl Brewery
Stevens Point Brewery
Stone Cellar Brewpub
Stonefly Brewing Company
Summit Brewing Company
Titletown Brewing Company
Tommynocker Brewery
Two Brothers Brewing Company
Tyranena Brewing Company
Upland Brewing Co.
Victory Brewing Company
Water Street Brewing Company
Widmar Brothers Brewing Company

2005goose.jpg

This is simply a great event. I can't recommend it highly enough. Admittedly, my brewfest experience is very limited (two) but I loved this event in 05.

I just checked out the Schooner Homebrew Competition for the GLBF. You get one free entry with a paid admission, I guess I may as well enter something.
Maybe you're not a real homebrewer until you've had your beer panned by experts (or until you quit using bleach :) )

I think I may go and enter this year. I was going to make the Schooner Homebrew Competition my first-ever to enter, but I putzed around and missed the deadline. I entered a local one about a month later.

Here's a link to the fest, which has a link to the Schooner.

One thing that puzzles me - I hope some past attendees can fill me in here - is that it only lasts four hours! That seems odd!

A reminder that this event is coming up. I'll be there. Anyone else be there? Anyone going to drive me home? :)

Somehow or another I missed the original posting on this... It's only about 4 and a half hours north of me...

Wonder if SWMBO would notice I was gone? :p

Thinkin' about it, looks like a great time!

Ize

The guy who was going to work for me is trying to back out...I have back-up plans though :)

I still think we need a SEWI and NEIL homebrew extravaganza

Exo said:
I still think we need a SEWI and NEIL homebrew extravaganza

Sounds like a buddy movie similar to "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle"...

And of course now that I say that I have a sincere craving for sliders.... :drunk:

Ize

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle...haha

You know, I just watched a movie that I thought would be just ridiculously stupid last night with a few beers. Called "40year Old Virgin". I haven't laughed that much watching a movie since Tommy Boy... Then I look and it got 3-stars. You would think with a name like that it would be an automatic 2-star deduction...

My plan was to go, but I now have to take the new car in for warranty work. It was either this Saturday or miss some work and do it during the week. Maybe next year!:(

Unable to pull it off. Turns out this is the weekend SWMBO is going camping with her sister, so it's me and the 2 and a half year old wreaking havoc around the house... :drunk:

However, there is going to be a Blues and Brews in Decatur the 28th, SUPPOSEDLY 50 types of beer on hand... Problem is I'm finding MINIMAL info on it....

:mad:

Ize

OK all you "excuse" people....you know who you are...Cheesefood, Ize, Rhoobarb...you missed one hell of a bash.

I'd estimate 2,000 plus people. I got there at 3pm (start time) and the line was 2 blocks+ long...sheez!!! Tail walking around here and there, though some serious beer drinkers were about. The 1/10th pint tasters were a PITA, but I dealt with it.

Some gratuitous cigar smoking aws really going on. The kilties drum and bugel corp was amazing...

Some of my favorite tastings...an oak-aged Imperial Stout from I forget wehre....OMGF good!@!!

Tyranena's Hop Whore, Lagunita's Maximus IPA...OMG well there wer 70+ breweries with 2-6+ brews each...how the **** ing hell am I going to remember my favorites???

Some homebrew...I must credit "Bob" from Kenosha Bidal Society for providing some seriously good American and British IPA's...and some kick-arse dunkel-weisens'.

Next year must be a showing of HBT folks...complete with nerdy/dork t-shirts...

Latest posts

Back