Great Day of Brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

gotsumbeers

Reaction score
The wife never can appreciate a good day of brewing. I love her, she loves good beer, she supports my brewing, but has no interest in the actual brewing. So I figured I would congratulate myself here.

Yesterday I had a great day. I parti-glye brewed a Belgian Dark Strong and Saison. BDS came in at 1.107 and the Saison at 1.049. Both a bit high but that was because I hit 85% efficiency batch sparing, which I just started doing. I normally shoot for 70%. So, both are fermenting away nicely. Had a great day of brewing, drinking, and music. All before we picked up the kids from daycare.

Can't wait to drink them!

FutureJack

Reaction score
My favorite is when I'm finished brewing late at night and everything is cleaned up. I like to sit out on my porch and crack open a nice bottle of someone else's beer to toast myself with. That's a good tired.

daksin

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's a hell of a BDS, and great efficiency on such a high gravity beer. Don't worry about the wife- she'll come around. Mine got tired of me brewing in the house and told me to found a brewery. Now her title is Brewmistress and she makes better beer than I do. I've been relegated to chief yeast wrangler.

Sounds like an excellent day no matter how you slice it. Cheers!

KISS Brew

Reaction score
The wife never can appreciate a good day of brewing. I love her, she loves good beer, she supports my brewing, but has no interest in the actual brewing.
I lucked out in that my SWMBO grew up with my father-in-law brewing, so the smell of a boiling wort brings back fond childhood memories.

Of course, she doesn't help or drink most of the beer, but she's super supportive!

OP
gotsumbeers

gotsumbeers

Reaction score
That's a hell of a BDS, and great efficiency on such a high gravity beer. Don't worry about the wife- she'll come around. Mine got tired of me brewing in the house and told me to found a brewery. Now her title is Brewmistress and she makes better beer than I do. I've been relegated to chief yeast wrangler.

Sounds like an excellent day no matter how you slice it. Cheers!
I hope to one day get my wife in to brewing. If she doesn't come around it will have to be my kids that are the assistant brewers!

Rehlgood

Reaction score
gotsumbeers said:
All before we picked up the kids from daycare.

Can't wait to drink them!
I don't think your wife would approve of that.

OP
gotsumbeers

gotsumbeers

Reaction score
Drink the kids? Nah, they taste like poop and boogers right now and still need to age out a bit.