gravity hardly moving...why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

Reaction score
i did a mini mash kit from local homebrew store (fat tire clone) that has been in the primary for 7 days and started at 1.060 and now is only 1.044...it bubbled really well for a good 5 days and still bubbles once every 2-3 minutes ...i just gave the bucket a few swirls and hopefully that will help

2# belgain pale ale
1# special b
1/2# munich malt
1/2# 120l crystal
put all in grain bag at 163f for 45 min and drained and then added a total of 6.6 lbs coopers amber malt and 3/4oz of glacier pellets and 3/4oz. of stering pellets over course of 1 hr boil...did full 5 gallon boil topped of a little at the end and chilled and racked to 70 degress and added belgian saison wyeast smack pack that was dated in january(smacked it 1 and 1/2 days earlier)...og was 1.060..and stored bucket at 60 degress...the sample tasted very sweet...any ideas to fix this

60 degrees is really chilly for that yeast. I'm not surprised it's slow. Raise it up into the 70's and it'll take off, plus it'll give you more of the Belgian tastiness.

temp range for that yeast 70-95° so you need to warm it up. high 70's to start then ramp it up I did a saison at around 85-90° and it turned out great

do you guys use a plug in warmer blanket because i dont want to pay for the gas bill when heating my house at 70-80- degress..we normally heat our house between 58 to 63

Do you have a small room, like a bathroom that is connected to your central heating? Close that up and it'll get warmer in there. If that doesn't do it, then a small space heater will do.

i put next to baseboard heat over night and i put a thermomoter on top of bucket which is reading 80 degress this morning...it is bubbling again at about every 30 seconds...should i expect it to remain that way for a few days or may it get more rapid

Back