Grant a glance at your glassware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

monkeymath

Reaction score
Posts in "Post a picture of your pint" New post a picture of your pint often leave me marvelling more at the glassware than the content, and it's a real shame my tiny kitchen limits the number of beer glasses I can call my own.

So please post some sexy pics of your Kölsch Stange, your dimple mug, whatever it is, with or without beer inside! Where applicable, add a name for the type of glass (so others might be able to find it in a store) and the beers you typically use it for.

I'll start off with a dimpled mug called "Tübinger Augenkanne". I got it when I got interested in Czech pilsners - I think they look great in it and it's just really fun to drink from it. Unfortunately, it sort of kills head retention, and it's not the best glassware for a whole lot of other styles.

Attachments

• IMG-20220225-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20220225-WA0000.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Holy ****!....impressive, very impressive.

Most of mine are standard American style pint glasses (shaker style?), but I have a few old balls in there. I collected a lot of them in the 90s, way before getting into the hobby and knowing what really good beer is like (or it could be made).

I got a feeling this is going to be a pinned thread.........

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I think the collection from @Oleson M.D. is gonna be tough to beat. Wow fantastic, I love it. And it's one of those things where I can show my wife and say "see, I dont have that many beer glasses" I need to get some pics together for this thread but my collection is mediocre compared to the previous posts.

Oleson M.D.

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I think the collection from @Oleson M.D. is gonna be tough to beat. Wow fantastic, I love it. And it's one of those things where I can show my wife and say "see, I dont have that many beer glasses" I need to get some pics together for this thread but my collection is mediocre compared to the previous posts.

It's better known as a pathological disorder!

I have done lot's of traveling, and have beer glasses from Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Amsterdam, Germany, etc.

We took a vacation to Prague, and our suitcases were packed (PACKED!) with beer glasses on the way home. These glasses represent decades of travel, and collecting.

mashpaddled

Reaction score

That bottle of Budweiser Brewmaster's Private Reserve is the only other bottle I've seen floating around on beer/brewing sites other than my own. It's a nice growler.

I think I bought this bottle at a gas station in 2005 or 2007, which I think is the only two years they released it. It was a decent doppelbock. My favorite thing about it is the label on the back describes the beer as the brewmaster taking the best part of the beer batches off the top of the fermenters and bottling it as a private reserve. There's always liberty taken with beer marketing but I never understood why they opted for such a ridiculous story. It goes to show how little people knew about brewing that the largest brewer in the country felt comfortable spinning that tale.

Oleson M.D.

Reaction score
That bottle of Budweiser Brewmaster's Private Reserve is the only other bottle I've seen floating around on beer/brewing sites other than my own. It's a nice growler.

I think I bought this bottle at a gas station in 2005 or 2007, which I think is the only two years they released it. It was a decent doppelbock. My favorite thing about it is the label on the back describes the beer as the brewmaster taking the best part of the beer batches off the top of the fermenters and bottling it as a private reserve. There's always liberty taken with beer marketing but I never understood why they opted for such a ridiculous story. It goes to show how little people knew about brewing that the largest brewer in the country felt comfortable spinning that tale.

We got this bottle at the 2007 GABF, at the Anheuser-Busch booth. The bottle was empty, but I asked for it and they gave one to me. Budweiser really can make great beer. Michelob used to have an annual sampler case...Pale Ale, Oktoberfest, Porter, and Honey Lager. It was respectable.
P1060527.JPG

P1060528.JPG

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's better known as a pathological disorder!

I have done lot's of traveling, and have beer glasses from Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Amsterdam, Germany, etc.

We took a vacation to Prague, and our suitcases were packed (PACKED!) with beer glasses on the way home. These glasses represent decades of travel, and collecting.

Most of my "travels" are eBay. That's cool as when you pour a pint in one of those glasses, you'll go down memory lane with its sip. That's one reason why I haven't gave up too many of my, even though they're shaker style, glasses.

I have a few from local areas that are long gone........

ContinuousD

Reaction score
Cleaned the beer glass cupboard earlier this year. A few are gifts but the majority were from brewery vists or festivals. Not shown are the glasses boxed up because we had no room for them.

Attachments

• 20220201_175112.jpg
    20220201_175112.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0