Grainfather recipe edits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spseale

Reaction score
New GF user, haven't brewed yet. I found a recipe to brew, copied it to my recipe library. When I edit it, it immediately goes whacky. FG numbers are higher than OG (resulting in negative ABV value). Also can't scale the recipe using a simple scale factor (the grain build as adjusted by the scale factor does not make intuitive sense). Example: with a starting 10kg malt ingredient, scaled by 50%, it gives me a revised grain build of 5.4kg of malt. Brand new to this, so maybe I'm overlooking something obvious. One thing I noticed when scaling--it has a provision for adjusting the batch size, but not the losses. That is one potentially obvious complication or factor, but I would have thought that scaling the recipe would scale losses, too. I can see how some of the losses would not scale in actuality, since some are, by nature, more fixed than variable. Have submitted the question to GF tech support, but no response yet...Thanks all.

Thanks. Tech support did respond. Seems that my browser (Safari/Mac Catalina) was to blame. I tried a different browser and voila...

Back