Grain stores

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smashing

Reaction score
I am the happy owner of a bunch of grain from my first group buy. Now comes the managing of it. Does anyone use the store in Beersmith or similar?

I use beersmith's inventory functions... I like them quite well... the only downside I've found is that I have to put in the notes that I removed the ingredients from inventory or I get drunk and remove them a bunch of times :)

So it doesn't automatically take them from the inventory?

No, you tell it to remove it. I usually forget and now my inventory doesn't match what is in beersmith. :drunk:

Hey, I can do what stores do...have an inventory day where I figure out what I have and make sure beersmith gets the updated figures.

yea... so I add stuff off my invoices to know what I have, then when I brew I make consuming inventory part of my brew day... ideally it would pull out of inventory when you move it to the brew log... but it dosent so I make a note in the notes section so I dont end up removing it twice... or 5 times... maybe I was drinking that day who knows :tank:

Back