Grain storage containers??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MashStirBrew

Reaction score
What do you guys use to store your bulk specialty and base grains in? My current "bag in a drawer" system needs updated. Looked around at walmart and the dollar store for cheap containers but nothing has caught my eye yet.

Big Pretzel containers. There are a surplus of these at my firehouse..I take them

I need some containers that are:

1. Cheap
  2. Mouse, Rat and Bug proof
  3. Can hold a 25kg bag worth of malt.

For smaller amounts I use brewing buckets and Coffee tins.

If you have a U-VIN (wine making on premices) place around you, they often use kits that come with a brew bucket. One place near me was happy to get rid of them. I took 15 with lids.

They are to small to fit an entire sack of grain in though.

I picked these up at walmart for $15 each. They hold 50lbs each.

IMG_8560.JPG

Here is a thread were other people mention what they store their grains in: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=52115

Wow, those containers are nice.

At my level and considering my wife sells Tupperware, I have an almost unlimited supply of storage ability. LOL.

uhlee1 said:
I Like!! I will have to take a look for those. What do you use for your specialty grains and adjuncts?

I typically buy my specialty grains on a per brew basis. But when I have some left overs, I store them in a 5gal paint bucket with a lid.

drunkatuw said:
I picked these up at walmart for $15 each. They hold 50lbs each. ...

I saw you post these in an earlier thread and really wanted to get some. But I've been looking everywhere for them and have been coming up empty. None of the Wally Marts near me carry them and none of the pets stores do, either. Maybe I'll try Sams' Club.:mad:

Got these from HD. Around $7 each with lids. They hold about 25lbs each.

Edit: Went with these because of air tight seal

Grain Storage 01.jpg

Back