• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quik_sk8

Reaction score
I'm looking for a used grain mill. I currently borrow one from a friend due to the expensive cost of buying a new one, but I would love to own my own. If you have one you don't use/need/want anymore, let me know!

Thanks!

What would it cost me with shipping? If you check the post above they have it for $99 with free shipping.
Thanks!

Still looking! I would prefer a MM2 or barley crusher. Even just the mill part of a barley crusher would be fine to save on shipping.

Bump! I always miss out on the ones that go up in the for sale section; always so disappointing. Help a brother out!

I have been given an allowance by my gracious wife of $150, I would love to pick up a used captain crush, MM3 or another 3 roller mill!

Since you've got $150, why not buy an MM2 (1.5" rollers)? Build your own baseboard and hopper to save the $45. The MDF board they send you is crap.

Do buy it with the 1/2" shaft, much sturdier than the 3/8" one, and the Harbor Freight Heavy Duty Low Speed drill driving it has a 1/2" chuck anyway. It costs $50 or less with the right coupons.

Why do you think a 3-roller mill with give you a better crush than a 2-roller one? My MM-2 does everything I expect it to. I do tweak the gap for the size of the kernels (wheat, rye etc. are smaller than barley) and mill them separately.

It's definitely something I'll consider and probably end up doing if I don't find a used one on here. I just like the idea of a 3 roller mill. I get great beer from the barley crusher I use, I would just love a 3 roller to take my milling to the next level! Thanks for your suggestions though, I really appreciate it and like I said will probably go that route if things don't play out here before Christmas :)

Back