Grain Mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnickASaurusRex

Reaction score
I just bought a Barley Crusher. Any advice for this fine piece of machinery?

Also what size container should I be looking at to store 50 - 55 lb bags of base malt in? Since that is my ultimate reason for buying this thing.

What should I stock up on?

I was thinking 2-row, Pale Ale 2-row, and Belgian Pilsner.

And maybe some Munich also. I tend to blaze through that stuff.

Depends on what you brew. For me, a sack of German Pils and a sack of Marris Otter covers most things. I go through a lot of Munich, but probably not enough for a full sack. I'll usually get stuff like that and a medium crystal malt to keep around, but 2 - 5 pounds at a time (which means that it's more about convenience than any cost savings).

I'm REALLY temped to buy a sack of rauchmalt... :D

I've been going through a sack of two row a month since I got my crusher. 10 gallon batches use it up so fast I've just been leaving it in the sack. If I had rodents that could be a problem. I keep 1-10lbs of numerous Crystal, roasted and specialty malts stored in a bucket. I would like to get sacks of Pisner and Munich too. I don't use them as much and would have to store them better.

Latest posts

Back