Grain mill cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kent88

Sometimes I have to remind myself
Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The board my grain mill came attached to didn't look like it was going to cut it. So I asked my father in law to build a cabinet for it instead. Not exactly a DIY project for me, I'm not much of a woodworker, but I thought that it was close enough to this topic that I would share.
IMG_20180818_134448.jpg
IMG_20180818_134459.jpg
IMG_20180818_134531.jpg

That looks great, your FIL did a fine job :mug:
If you ever decide to add a motor you can turn the mill 180° and be good to go...

Cheers!

I am pretty happy with the job he did, too

If you ever decide to add a motor you can turn the mill 180° and be good to go...

I hadn't thought of that. I don't think that there would be enough clearance to do that, though. And even if I could, I'm not sure what kind of motor I would try to rig up. But now I'm curious...

I'll be able to attach the drill on there as is, if I want to.

Mill elevation above the deck pretty much depends on the gear motor used. I did have to add a 1-1/2" thick "collar" to lift my mill up to meet my gear motor shaft, but that was quite easy to do...

grain_mill_station_04.jpg

Cheers!

Back