Grain is good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Another bulk buy event done well. Thanks to BrewGuru and KopyCat, Alamo Beer, Lil' Sparky, Jas0420, tgrier, and few other brewers, we had a fun time distributing 4,620 pounds of malt (2 pallets or 84 55# bags)

MaltLoad2008b.jpg

I'm glad we had folks with strong backs!

MaltLoad2008a.jpg

It turned out to be a social event as well, with 6 different home brews sampled along with some 10 month old Apfelwein along with pulled pork sammiches.

Also, in case you ever wondered, you CAN fit almost 700# of grain in the back of a Mini Cooper. Most of that German grain cost about 65 cents a pound (delivered to Austin) compared to the over $2.00/lb. (plus shipping) that Northern Brewer charges.

MiniCooperMalt.jpg

So jealous!

Two problems... I don't live in Texas. And other than the back of me Element, I don't have anywhere to store 700 pounds of grain!

Looks great!
We've got a bulk buy in the works for the end of March here in Central Pa. I hope it goes as well as yours. It's not too late to get in on it if anyone is interested. PM Warrior for details.

Man I SO wish I could have been there! Next week I can see my stash (3/13) But can't take it home until the next weekend (3/22)

Thanks again to everyone who put this together!

Hey EdWort...apparently you've been to my house and I've eaten your brisket....like 4yrs ago!

lol- looks like you highjacked a g4rain truck and are offloading it somewhere in the woods.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.....

Austinhomebrew said:
How do I get in on this great deal? Hook me up!

Forrest

Don't you remember, Forrest? They hijacked one of your delivery trucks leaving the drivers for dead out in the texas desert ;)

And although it appears you can load 700 lbs of grain into a minicooper, essentially tripling it's curb weight, that doesn't mean that you SHOULD. That poor car looks like it's sitting on the tailpipe.

MikeFlynn74 said:
lol- looks like you highjacked a g4rain truck and are offloading it somewhere in the woods. .

LOL, yeah, the driver was a homebrewer. We lured him off the main road with trail of 3 gallon corny kegs. Before he came to his senses he was blocked in with pickup trucks, a mini cooper, beer & pulled pork sammiches. :D

Thats how the wife gets me... I will be enjoying a nice brewski when I see a hop cone on the ground, then another until I follow the trail to the bedroom. By that time its too late........

Most of that German grain cost about 65 cents a pound (delivered to Austin) compared to the over $2.00/lb. (plus shipping) that Northern Brewer charges.

Yeah, but what are new shocks for the Mini gonna cost ya?

cubbies said:
Yeah, but what are new shocks for the Mini gonna cost ya?
Actually, Brewguru said the mini handled it quite nicely. His is the BMW owned mini, not the British version. German car, German malt.

Back