Graff------Boom!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dover157

Reaction score
Well my first batch of Brandon O's graff has been bottled for 12 days now and when I went into the back storage room to put some stuff away last night I picked up a strong stale beer smell??:confused: Upon further inspection it seemed that the bottom of one of my bottles had let go and made a bit of a mess:( sad part is it was one of the 16 oz bottles not a 12. I have a feeling that this was most likely caused by a flaw in the bottle, but decided to chill one of the 12's and see how the carbination was going. After hanging out in the fridge for a few hours to get nice and cold, I took it out the back door to pop the cap ( Learned that lesson the hard way) No fountain, good hiss and even got some of that pretty co2 smoke comming out the neck. Poured into a glass and the color is a wonderfull dark amber clear as glass. Not much in the way of head formation but what little there was stayed for the whole glass. Taste is tart, with a mild off flavor that I can identify most likely due to not being old enough. Could not detect the malt or the hops. Will def be doing this one again in the fall when the local AJ becomes avaible. I think on the next one I will use a diff yeast (used coopers this time) and a stronger hopps ( used 3% cascade this time I belive). May also step up to a darker malt so the flavor comes through a little more. Thinking about doing a spiced version for winter drinking, and have had the idea of finding a way to add some caramel flavor to give a kind of candy apple taste if that is possible, any ideas??

Do you have the ability to keg and force Carb. If so you could add K-Meta and K-sorbate then back sweeten with caramel ice cream topping

Back