GRABASS - Grand Opening - Walker's Electric Brewery (6/20/2010)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
To the Greater Raleigh Area Brewers and Suds Sippers.... Here's the deal....

Sunday, June 20th (two weeks from now - Father's Day), I've got the OK from my wife to play in the garage all day and do whatever I please. The HERMS will be fully operational (finishing touches are being added at this time), so it's time for a grand opening.

If anyone wants to come on by and brew (or just hang out), the door will be open. I can't promise that I'll be a good host since I'll potentially have my hands full with the new system and will definitely be preoccupied with thoughts about what switches, buttons, and valves I need to mess with next, but I'll be there in the garage and you're welcome to join me.

I'm thinking that I'll start a little before noon, which should hopefully have me finishing up in time to grill something for dinner if anyone is interested. There should be two kegs on tap, but bring your own concoctions if you want.

PS: there is a good chance that this will NOT be the maiden voyage for the system. A three day weekend of solid partying for Memorial Day made a serious dent in my supply of beer, so I went from being behind on drinking it to being behind on brewing it. There is a good chance I'll be firing the thing up for the first time as a solo run just to minimize distractions and jeering insults as I figure out where the weak spots are. :)

Bumpity bump. If you haven't been to a GRABASS event before, I recommend checking one out. We're a good time!

Might be a small gathering this time. I've only got a couple confirmations, and maybe one other brewer (Boston).

Idahodal said he was gonna brew too if he wasn't flying. I'm planning on brewing Saturday morning so I can just hang out for a change Sunday. This is all dependent on what time we are celebrating SWMBO's father's father's day of course.

And thank you for clearing up the confusion that your avatar is not actually you. Although, it does kinda resemble Boston to a degree...

Idahodal said he was gonna brew too if he wasn't flying.

Yeah... if the weather doesn't permit flying, Dallas is brewing. I don't know where he's going to go for the flying, but the forecast for this area is partly cloudy and 95*.

And thank you for clearing up the confusion that your avatar is not actually you.

I actually had someone ask me. Seriously.

Wish I lived closer. Brewing around here on Saturday and it is supposed to be 101 degrees. Gonna mash in around 6:00 am.

Anyway, in regards to that brewcast, can you only watch it live? Or is there a link to it to watch later, like youtube or something?

I won't be able to brew, but I hope to stop by for a couple of beers. What time is kickoff?

Wish I lived closer. Brewing around here on Saturday and it is supposed to be 101 degrees. Gonna mash in around 6:00 am.
We're looking at 95*F and humid as hell here.

Anyway, in regards to that brewcast, can you only watch it live? Or is there a link to it to watch later, like youtube or something?

I believe I can record the thing. ustream.tv's broadcast console has both [BROADCAST NOW] and [RECORD NOW] buttons.

However, I don't know if I want to record and upload a 5 hour video to youtube. :D

I won't be able to brew, but I hope to stop by for a couple of beers. What time is kickoff?

I'm starting to think that it'll just be me this time, with short visits from a few folks. :D

Kick-off is noon. Come over anytime after 11am.

Back