GRABASS American Brewmaster Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should ask them who the real supplier is for the malt. I would guess they are selling you bulk extract that they purchase and then subdivide it to sell in individual containers.

When I did extract brewing, I used whichever ones they package in the silver/foil bags, all of those LME's worked quite well for me.

Professor Frink said:
When I did extract brewing, I used whichever ones they package in the silver/foil bags, all of those LME's worked quite well for me.

Ditto. My first batch was an extract+steeped grains amber from Palmer's "How to Brew." I used American Brewmaster's LME and the beer turned out remarkably well. In fact, I just opened a bottle recently and compared it to an all-grain version of the same beer. Frankly, the extract version was better. I don't know if it had anything to do with the extract or fact that the AG version was my first all-grain attempt, but I have to say that the LME version of that beer has held up extremely well.

If you're really curious, just ask. I'm sure they'd tell you who the supplier is. They're good folks.

Chad

Back