Gotta show off my new tattoo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Tatt-CU.jpg

Just got this last night. It's 4" in diameter above my left man-boob. I've been wanting one for maybe 10 years but until now hadn't found the design that fit me. I finally decided on an Ouroboros (usually seen as a snake devouring it's own tail) because I recently lost my grandmother, and she was my last living grandparent. And I wanted something to symbolize that for me, something to represented the cyclical nature of the universe. And even though I love snakes, I chose a dragon because, hell, they look cool. And I'm a ginger so the colors are totally me. Took four hours. First two weren't bad, second two I got a bit cranky (but managed to hold most of it in).
:rockin:

sweet tattoo. I'd get one but my wife said she'd leave me.(I'm not worried about that but losing half my stuff would suck)

She's ginger too. No soul.

Thanks! My wife's out of town, and I was supposed to get it when she got back but the artist could fit me in early so I said hell yes! Wife's real excited to come home tomorrow and check it out. She'll be getting her first soon, too.

Thanks! My wife's out of town, and I was supposed to get it when she got back but the artist could fit me in early so I said hell yes! Wife's real excited to come home tomorrow and check it out. She'll be getting her first soon, too.

You should make her get a tattoo of your avatar

I've always wanted a tattoo, but haven't come across something I knew 100% sure I'd still want on me in 30 years. :D

I have one tat ( I tell everyone it was my last tattoo, not my first) that I got drunk one day in the navy. if I were to ever get another tattoo the only thing it would be is two skeleton hands on my butt as if it's trying to crawl out.

Tatt-CU.jpg

Just got this last night. It's 4" in diameter above my left man-boob. I've been wanting one for maybe 10 years but until now hadn't found the design that fit me. I finally decided on an Ouroboros (usually seen as a snake devouring it's own tail) because I recently lost my grandmother, and she was my last living grandparent. And I wanted something to symbolize that for me, something to represented the cyclical nature of the universe. And even though I love snakes, I chose a dragon because, hell, they look cool. And I'm a ginger so the colors are totally me. Took four hours. First two weren't bad, second two I got a bit cranky (but managed to hold most of it in).
:rockin:
Where's you go? Cap City Tattoo?

Where's you go? Cap City Tattoo?

No, Blue Lotus on the west side, on Odana. I did check out the guys at Capital, but really loved Trina's work at Lotus. It was more the style I was after. She's great, by the way, and would totally recommend her to anyone looking for a tat in Madison.

No, Blue Lotus on the west side, on Odana. I did check out the guys at Capital, but really loved Trina's work at Lotus. It was more the style I was after. She's great, by the way, and would totally recommend her to anyone looking for a tat in Madison.
I'm trying to remember where Blue Lotus is out there; I know where the one is near Lava Lounge.

Meaty, it's at the intersection of Odana and Grand Canyon. Next to the Indian restaurant. They have a neon sign facing the street, but they're tucked into the outside corner of the strip mall there.

Is there a particular meaning for the dragon or something from the wall that you just liked? Either way, tattoos are personal kudos for getting it. Me and Wife have been talking about them forever. Maybe after kid #2 in a few years I'll tribute them with subtle discrete tattoos

Is there a particular meaning for the dragon or something from the wall that you just liked? Either way, tattoos are personal kudos for getting it. Me and Wife have been talking about them forever. Maybe after kid #2 in a few years I'll tribute them with subtle discrete tattoos

Like I said in the OP, dragons are just cool. I found the image online and had the artist tweak it up a bit. Also, dragons are a symbol of strength, which I can use to be reminded of once in a while, since I can be a bit of a wuss at times. :D

Like I said in the OP, dragons are just cool. I found the image online and had the artist tweak it up a bit. Also, dragons are a symbol of strength, which I can use to be reminded of once in a while, since I can be a bit of a wuss at times. :D

I like strength, mine have all pretty much expressed how much of a sciency-nerd or geek I am. CIP:

last year's
2680824799_238b832fc3.jpg

and the year before:
1975088763_f7715764d5.jpg

Lookin pretty sharp! Nice line work and coloring from what I can tell in the picture.

My sister and brother in law are tattoo artists. :cross: Needless to say, i've got a couple of 'works in progress.' (Japanese leg sleeve and half sleeve pirate theme)

Back