gott cooler issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris1979

Reaction score
i recently upgraded to a 10 gallon rubber made gott cooler form home depot. i installed a valve kit from northern brewer in. made a batch sunday and didnt get around to clean up until monday. but anyways the bottom of the cooler( the inside between inside and the outside) was full of liquid i assume wort. is this normal with these or did i do something wrong.

That is not normal... my guess is that the liquid is leaking around your bulkhead inside seal, and then getting trapped between the two shells of the cooler. This in a short time will, be a very unsanitary condition.

Yeah, you really need to try and clean that out as best you can and let it dry well. Then, make sure your seal is tight when you reassemble.

great thats what i was afraid off. i guess ill have to drill a hole in the bottom and somehow flush it out. theres probably alot of sugar in there to keep those nasties busy.

If your kit only came with a single rubber O-ring, make sure you put it on the inside of your cooler. I put my own valve together using plumbing parts, and went ahead and put an O-ring with washer on the inside and the outside...no leaks yet.

it has the two o-rings beleive it is a zymico. i put one together for the 5 gallon didnt have any problems but had more money in it then just buying one now i wish i'd just put one together. but oh well ill just spend some more to improve this one.

Latest posts

Back