Got this in the mail today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damnsaltyham

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me a copy of this in the mail today. I have heard it is a must have for homebrewers and I'm pretty excited to read it. What are your guys thoughts on it?

Cheers!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392073139.669321.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Great book....and a huge help when first getting into brewing. I've been brewing for a while and still reference it all the time.

This is the book that gave me the confidence and basic knowledge for me to take my first leap into homebrewing. I think it's excellent. checkout the authors website too.

This probably goes against the majority, but, I read another, older, well known/popular book about a year before I read the John Palmer book. That book scared me away from homebrewing. not relaxing at all for me. to be fair, I've never re-read it with the knowledge I've gained in the years since, but that was my just my own experience.

I'm also a big fan of BYO magazine. Always great info on all aspects of brewing and the recipes for home brewers are pretty good also.

A wonderful book for sure! Some now-commonplace technical practices aren't covered in it (like BIAB) but the foundation it builds for you is extremely solid. Just be aware that there are other ways to accomplish the same goal, but the science and best practices covered in the book are pretty universal.

Great book, that was the first brewing book that I read, and I still reference it as well, I also have a subscription to BYO, I agree with the above posters.

Latest posts

Back