Got some ingredients from a friend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyMcBong

Reaction score
Hey all.

I good buddy of mine is done brewing for the season and sent me home with a bunch of ingredients (thanks Mike). I'm new to all grain, only done one batch (cream ale in the fermenter now) although I've done a few extract batches and a bunch of frozen concentrate hooch. I don't really know anything about the different malts and hops though. I was hoping someone could give a quick look over what he donated and maybe suggest something.

Here's the donated bounty

Malt-4lbs wheat malt, 4lbs Vienna malt, 4lbs Munich malt and 1lb chocolate malt.
Yeast-3 vials San Diego super yeast, 1 vial Belgian wit ale yeast and 1 vial English ale yeast
Hops-2 oz Horizon pellets, 2 oz Willamette pellets, 1 oz UK Fuggles pellets, 1 oz Mt. Hood pellets, 1 oz Northern Brewer raw leaf, 2 oz Warrior pellets and close to a half pound of Australian Galaxy pellets.

I'm gonna brew another cream ale in a few days with some 2 row, pilsner, rice (already have these) and 2 lbs of the Vienna. Probably use a vial of super yeast and an oz of mt. hood on that one. Everything else is gonna be available, anything I can brew? :mug:

Back