Got some free Corona - now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What to do?

• Drink it

• Cook with it

• Keep it around for company

• Water the plant with it

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Other - use it to make pitchers of beergarita (that's 1 can of limade concentrate, 12 oz. tequila, 12 oz of fizzy yellow beer of which corona works well).

Wait for a hot sunny day...and get some limes!

I have not a thing against Corona. 'S great on a hot day.

I would vote keep it for company. My godfather always brings over a six of corona and only drinks two then the other 4 sit in my fridge for 6 months. Then I cook with it.

In what ways?

Use it to....boil brats/italian sausages in before you throw them on the grill. I say boil....but really I just kinda simmer mine in beer. That way they will not burn on the grill.

Dilute some bbq sauce and use it as a mop for ribs.

Drink it. I once ended up with 10 cases of 16 oz plastic Miller Lites and 4 cases of 16 oz plastic Coors Lights. My roommate and I drank like kings of the trailerpark for a couple months.

If you really do have issues with drinking Corona for leisure then maybe you could use them for an off flavor excercise.

At the least you won't have to set it in the sun for a few hours to skunk it.

I have very few beers that I dont like. I know sometimes it is blasphemy around here, but I drink the occasional Bud, MGD or Pabst. I dont care for lite beers, but I will drink them if nothing else is around. However, Corona? Blech..I hate the stuff. I voted cook with it.

If you really do have issues with drinking Corona for leisure then maybe you could use them for an off flavor excercise.

At the least you won't have to set it in the sun for a few hours to skunk it.

I don't "really" have issues with drinking any beer, especially when its free. I'm just trying to get the best use out of it...

I like the brat concept and the drinking concept. I was thinking though, when you brew beer, the last thing you need to do is get beer from "outside" sources.

I've never really been a fan of Corona, even when I still didn't know what good beer was. I usually have some lying around the house for company though, for some reason everyone my wife knows really likes the stuff.

It times like "free Corona day" I am glad to have a lime tree in my front yard! At least I think it's a lime tree....they taste like limes....

I like Corona's every once and a while, so I vote for "Drink it". Get some limes and add a little salt and you'll be in good shape. Remember, afterall, it IS beer we're talking about here.... FREE beer.

Enjoy.

If it's free it's for me..

I would probably save it for somneone who prefers it. My Dad likes it and says it reminds him of vacation, so he would probably enjoy it more than me.

at the time of my posting...there are 21 sick senses of humor here. I'd say water the plant with it...but I don't' think a plant can take that. I'd say pour it and delabel then use the bottles for Apfelwein....but it's not worth the starsan it takes to get that dabm baked on paint off of the bottles.

Could you just give it back?

That beergarita sounds quite delicious. Hmmm.. a mystery 12 pack of corona appeared in my refrigerator and my roommate dosen't drink..... I may steal some.

Back