Got My Freezer Need controller...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korben

Reaction score
I am got my freezer and looking for a good controller.. I was thinking the Johnson Control's or the Love controller. I know the JC is just a plug in a use type design (i like easy). However the Love can be easily mounted in a collar and looks great. Is it also plug'n'go also for do you have to splice wires?

I am using the Johnson A419ABC-1C 120/240V Single Stage Temperature Control and it works great. I also considered the Love & the Ranco. I did not want to mount the Love (no collar) so I did not go for it. I think that you have to wire all of them unless you pay more from Williams Brewing and get the Brewers Edge model which is pre-wired and essentially the Johnson Controller. I also have the original style Johnson model (non digital) which I have retired to the brewers old age home for rest and emergency back up duty.

The digi models all have some minor differences from what I remember and you need to study the specs to decide what will work for you.

Most important with the digital is that you can set the amount of time that the unit will stay off before kicking back on (Anti-short Cycle Delay). This will save your freezer from an early death.

Back