Got a two keg starter kit now need a fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwill911

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What would you recommend to purchase on a budget. I could try finding a used fridge or inexpensive new one. I'd use it for storing two kegs, probably modify for external taps and for 7 gal fermentor when attempting my first logger or pilsner. With that purpose in mind what have some of you found useful?
Thanks in advance,
John

I've got a Frigidaire 7.5 cf compact fridge for similar purpose. I can store (2) kegs in it and I can also lodge my 7.9 gallon speidel into it.

I don't regret buying it because it was basically free off of FB marketplace. It sucks for cooling power. It sucks for capacity. I am need to be keeping my eyes open for a full size fridge or a standup freezer...

Just about any used fridge will work for two kegs. And you still have door storage for bottles. Also, no lifting of full kegs over the top. On the day that you have to clean up a leaking keg fitting letting your new brew leak out into your "keezer" you'll see why front load is a plus. I built a chest keezer that has served me well but the next one will be front loading.

Back