Got a fridge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeDaddio

Reaction score
My brew buddy and I bought a fridge from my girlfriends' sister. It's essentially brand new, which is awesome, and we scored it for $75. Nice.

Looks like it'll only fit one carboy, though, but no biggie. We may try and take the door panel off to see if that will make any difference. Either way, it gives us the ability to control the temperature much better than my friends spare bathroom. And if we get two going we can still rock it old school and put a hefe in the shower :)

Probably going to get something like this to try and keep a constant temp: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00368D6JA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I like not having to attempt to rewire a brand new appliance ;)

i-4D5zT6j-L.jpg

It looks like it cools the fridge by flowing from the freezer, so hopefully with ale fermentation temps we'll be able to keep our hops and yeasts in the freezer part without it getting too cold. And if it is too cold we can keep some glasses or something in there. I'm stoked at stepping up our brewing game! :D

joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. I hear it a lot, and ppl always say getting their ferm temps under control is one of the best things you can do for your brew. Have fun!

Congrats. I hear it a lot, and ppl always say getting their ferm temps under control is one of the best things you can do for your brew. Have fun!

Looking forward to it! I'm hoping to do an American IPA next, so I think this will help!

joe

Back