got a corny keg kit, now what the heck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badmajon

Reaction score
I got a good deal from kegconnection but no instructions and I have no idea what I am doing.

It took me a while to figure out how to open the damn thing, now I can't figure out how to attach the ball lock hoses. I mean, do I just force the hose onto the "in" attachment? I don't like forcing things and I don't want to mess up my stuff before I even use it.

How do I connect these tubes?

Do you mean the disconnects? Like this:

black_ball_lock_connector.gif

Just lift the ring and press on until it clicks. The hose can be warmed in water to stretch over the barb, then a hose clamp can be used to secure it.

No need to force anything - if it doesn't go on easily there's something amiss. As Reelale said - use the colored disconnects (that you should have with the kit) to attach to the keg. The Black one (liquid out) will go on the "Out" post, and the Gray/White disconnect (gas in) will go on the "In" post. If you play with them before putting them on the keg you'll see how the attach.

Now did you also get a CO2 tank kit when you ordered?

Black=Beer, Gray=Gas

It is possible to get them reversed, but they are extremely difficult to get on or off since the posts are slightly larger/smaller than the disconnects to keep you from making that mistake. A lot of people make that mistake for some reason...

As for beer lines, you'll want a thick-walled 1/4" ID food grade hose. It's best to get some decent hose clamps and tighten them down to keep the hose from coming loose. Start with 5-7' lengths. For the gas lines, I used red rubber gas hose and had to make an adapter out of brass fittings to go from 1/4" ID to 3/8" ID since that's the size of the barbs that come off my CO2 regulator on/off valves. Be sure to tighten these clamps down too...

Maybe....though if he got an actual "Kit" from Keg Connection then they should be included...

Wouldn't be the first time some guy filling kit boxes forgot something.

If they are really not there, call the vendor they will probably send you a pair.

Ha ha, thanks for the help. Yes, I had to lift the outer ring and whamo it slid on no problem.

I'm generally pretty good with mechanical things but I think I just got kinda scared of breaking something before I used it.

It all stems from when I was three and I was on the plane back from Japan, my dad bought me a toy dinosaur and I insisted on trying to put it together while I was on the airplane. I lost (or broke, can't remember) a part and the dinosaur never moved.

I should have waited till I got off the plane.

Ha ha, thanks for the help. Yes, I had to lift the outer ring and whamo it slid on no problem.

I'm generally pretty good with mechanical things but I think I just got kinda scared of breaking something before I used it.

It all stems from when I was three and I was on the plane back from Japan, my dad bought me a toy dinosaur and I insisted on trying to put it together while I was on the airplane. I lost (or broke, can't remember) a part and the dinosaur never moved.

I should have waited till I got off the plane.

Yep, nothing worse than a static dinosaur.:mug:

Back