Google Glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhoppyhippo

Reaction score
Anyone else really excited for this? While I don't think it's much more than a really expensive toy, it's a really awesome toy. For me the best feature is being able ot say "google take a picture" cause there are many times I want to take a quick picture of something (like say an animal) and I miss it cause I cant get my phone and camera out quick enough.

Also think the walking directions would be super awesome. Especially if you're in an unknown city. I think that long term it could be a great device. Right now it's awesome nerdware though.

I've always thought that glass display was the way to go but every meeting with Larry Page has him reading off of paper. Epic Fail:

glas.jpg

That commercial they just released was awesome. What I want from tech though is things that make me do less work, not just things that allow me to be able to do the same work everywhere I go. It doesn't make me more efficient.

Anyone else really excited for this? While I don't think it's much more than a really expensive toy, it's a really awesome toy. For me the best feature is being able ot say "google take a picture" cause there are many times I want to take a quick picture of something (like say an animal) and I miss it cause I cant get my phone and camera out quick enough.

Also think the walking directions would be super awesome. Especially if you're in an unknown city. I think that long term it could be a great device. Right now it's awesome nerdware though.

As for the glasses, pretty cool.

I will really be impressed when they come out with Google contact for the nearsighted or better yet retinal implants that display popup adsense ads when you stare at an object of interest and scan your brain for content then customize a permanent banner at at the top of your field of vision. :smack:

I feel like it is a cool thing but I really cannot get past how ridiculous people look that are wearing them. Maybe this is just my opinion but I always laugh inside when I see someone wearing them. Also they are insanely expensive. At least they will be at launch.

I feel like it is a cool thing but I really cannot get past how ridiculous people look that are wearing them. Maybe this is just my opinion but I always laugh inside when I see someone wearing them. Also they are insanely expensive. At least they will be at launch.

They haven't released a price except that it will be less than 1500 bucks, but there's a broad spectrum in there. I'll guess they're probably gonna run in at least the 600 buck range. I don't think they'll go too much higher. In terms of tech hardware it's not any more than an iPod. But there's gonna be more cost for R&D I'm sure plus the glass tech.

I think people will get over the wearing aspect and over time it will look even better. Remember when bluetooth came out and people thought it was stupid? How many millions of those stupid things were sold? Not to mention things like crocs, vibrams, and millions of other things that are ugly but people like how they work. I do think long term they will be like transition type of lens that goes from clear to dark as needed. But who knows. I think it's fun nerdware.

They haven't released a price except that it will be less than 1500 bucks, but there's a broad spectrum in there. I'll guess they're probably gonna run in at least the 600 buck range. I don't think they'll go too much higher. In terms of tech hardware it's not any more than an iPod. But there's gonna be more cost for R&D I'm sure plus the glass tech.

I think people will get over the wearing aspect and over time it will look even better. Remember when bluetooth came out and people thought it was stupid? How many millions of those stupid things were sold? Not to mention things like crocs, vibrams, and millions of other things that are ugly but people like how they work. I do think long term they will be like transition type of lens that goes from clear to dark as needed. But who knows. I think it's fun nerdware.

True I believe that it could catch on put ultimately if you have the best product in the world but no one buys it, it will die. It will be exciting to see if this really catches on or if it will be like the google nexus q

You're always ready for a fast game of racquetball or a trip to the gun range. Or maybe using an angle grinder.

You're always ready for a fast game of racquetball or a trip to the gun range. Or maybe using an angle grinder.

In all honesty, Ithink they could be a huge thing for golfers if you have the ability to say golf GPS with the device. How easy and awesome would it be to see say an overhead of the course or distance to hole or anything like that?

Only a matter of time until they are available in contacts. I think there are already some technology enhanced contacts somewhere, I remember reading about them.

Latest posts

Back