Goodmorning Brisket!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Ahh, the wonderful aroma of smoking brisket early in the morning as the sun peeks through the Oak trees.

It's been on since 11 last night. Dinner is gonnna be a good one tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get the chance to watch the vid yet, but I do love waking up to the smoker. It is a great activity for a weekend. :D. Mine saw a picnic ham, Beef toungue, Venison tongue and my version of a Braunschweiger (made with Deer liver and Pork) this weekend :).

PseudoChef said:
Yeah, do you really need 4 eggs? I hate you.

Uh, actually 5. I have another mini not pictured. I used to have one at the lake, but brought it home. I've used them in competitions as well.

My brisket took 2nd place in Dripping Springs at their Founders Day Cookoff back a couple of years ago. The eggs are just too heavy to be moving with my back these days.

Warped04 said:
What time is dinner Ed? I can probably catch a flight still.... :mug:

Should be about 5:30 PM. Just called SWMBO and the brisket it up to 183 degrees, so it is well past the plateau and now all the connective tissue that makes brisket tough is being rendered out. This is the tender making moment in BBQ'ing a brisket.

angry7.gif
Sheesh! You have more equity in Eggs then I do house!

Nice. My brisket needs more practice.

Bastage.:D

Bought a Boston Butt that will be sacrificed to the BBQ gods next weekend.
smoke_it.gif

EdWort said:
Should be about 5:30 PM. Just called SWMBO and the brisket it up to 183 degrees, so it is well past the plateau and now all the connective tissue that makes brisket tough is being rendered out. This is the tender making moment in BBQ'ing a brisket.

Bah...by the time I get there it will be tomorrow...I need that private jet....I think Soulive said something about buying one for me to use. ;)

We have a plane, lol. I have 5 pilots in my close family and a couple of commercial in extended, lol. But, we'd eat more than you could cook, lol. I am designing my first smoker after learning how to BBQ. Ed, I really like that one guys 55Gal barrel in the other video. Looks really simple, but I think I would have to make mine much more complex, with more bells and whistles. Damn, that BBQ sure does look good. Guess I'm off to grab a beer butt chicken for tonight on my sorry a$$ blue smoker.

Warped04 said:
Bah...by the time I get there it will be tomorrow...I need that private jet....I think Soulive said something about buying one for me to use. ;)

Just as soon as my get rich quick scheme starts paying off ;)

Back