good unusaul hoppy beer suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoyokid82005

Reaction score
im looking for a good hoppy beer suggestions i know ipa can be hoppy. i want something different from the norm.
thank
Pat
ps. mods if this needs to move sorry

Do a Google search for an Arrogant Bastard clone. I've only had the original, but have come across a few recipes online. Brew 365 had an all-grain version that looked pretty interesting. I'm hoping to attempt an extract conversion in a few months, once I have a 3 or 4 brews under my belt.

i went to a beer tasting yeaterday they where giving out troegs beers to try i really like them excpt the nut brown. they had the pale ale, hop back the nut brown liek i said dreameweaver and i forget the last. i liked them all alot .

Do the Stony 08.08.08 Vertical Epic Ale recipe they post on their site: Stone 08.08.08 Vertical Epic Ale

It is an American hopped Belgian Golden Strong Ale. Have had it a couple times and really like it. Also have 5.25 gallons in a secondary right now.

(Although I must say, Arrogant Bastard is damn good, may do that soon myself)

Recently had a St. Arnolds Devine. This was the hoppiest beer I've ever had. I had a difficult time finishing the one bottle I bought. This was closer to a strong hop tea instead of a beer. Guess that's why it was priced a 20 bucks a sixer, even here in TX where's it's made.

Hoppy local favorite for me. 99 IBU's

Furious Clone from Midwest
Ferocious IPA w/ Munton's 6 gm dry yeast :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

Description from Surlys website-
Furious - A tempest on the tongue, or a moment of pure hop bliss? Brewed with a dazzling blend of American hops and Scottish malt, this crimson-hued ale delivers waves of citrus, pine and caramel-toffee. For those who favor flavor, Furious has the hop-fire your taste buds have been screeching for.
IBUs - 99
ABV - 6.2%
Cans and Kegs
Availabilty - Year Round

I don't know about a clone recipe, but I found SA Hallertau Imperial Pilsener an interesting highly hopped brew in a sea of multi x IPAs.

Back