Good resource for info on commercial bug blends?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingLight

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good resource with info on available commercial bug blends? I checked MTF and couldn't find anything.

I'm brewing a couple sours after my wedding next month. I'm going to primary ferment with ale yeast, then add a commercial pitch of bugs, and some dregs to prop it up.

But I was hoping to find a resource to help me decide what bug blend I should use. For example, I know a lot of people use roselare, but I've also heard some cons on it. I'd like to find, more or less, pros and cons of available bug blends. Might not exist. Thanks.

Does anyone know of a good resource with info on available commercial bug blends? I checked MTF and couldn't find anything.

I'm brewing a couple sours after my wedding next month. I'm going to primary ferment with ale yeast, then add a commercial pitch of bugs, and some dregs to prop it up.

But I was hoping to find a resource to help me decide what bug blend I should use. For example, I know a lot of people use roselare, but I've also heard some cons on it. I'd like to find, more or less, pros and cons of available bug blends. Might not exist. Thanks.

http://www.milkthefunk.com/wiki/Mixed_Cultures

Back