Good read on returning a beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest problem I have is that oh so many bars in the NY/NJ area simply do not clean their glasses well. Every time I get a bottled beer I ask to pour it myself, and it's extremely eye opening as so many glasses are delivered with *lip prints*, spots, dried fruit stuck on, even often lipstick and other crud still visible.

At one bar in Hoboken NJ, heck I'll tell you the name - it was Teak on the Hudson:

TEAK - ON THE HUDSON

Anyhow, any time my wife and I went there my throat would be swollen the next morning. One night we were meeting up and I sat at the bar waiting for my wife to arrive. I observed the big-boobed bar tenders as they served the drinks. I kid you not, when a glass was returned they literally dipped the glass into a sink of still water once, no turning brushes or anything, then turned them upside down for a few seconds and then reserved them to other patrons. It was appalling. I could actually see the lipstick on the cocktail glasses from 12 feet away as the waiters took them to the next table.

Serve to say, my wife arrived, I told her what I'd witnessed, and we never ever went back again.

Rev.

Back