GOOD Online streaming? (NOT NETFLIX)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Really digging my roku, but roku aside, I am really just streaming from various websites.

I LOVE Netflix for streaming. It is king in my book, but has it's own thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/good-netflix-streaming-330058/

There is a Roku thread, but it is more technical than just "what's good to watch".

SO!!!!!!!

Threw my back out yesterday and watched almost all of season 1 of HEROES on amazon.

Crackle has some good finds, as does midnight pulp.

What are you digging on right now?

Amazon is a barren wasteland after you dig through the 1 or 2 series on there that you might like.

I just finished the 4th season of Misfits, a Hulu exclusive. It's a lower budget, British heroes. The first two seasons are superb, IMO. Season three has a few gems, and season four isn't really worth watching IMO unless you're a completionist.

They have a couple other exclusives I think I might watch, or maybe I'll start digging into The Criterion Collection.

Amazon is a barren wasteland after you dig through the 1 or 2 series on there that you might like.

I just finished the 4th season of Misfits, a Hulu exclusive. It's a lower budget, British heroes. The first two seasons are superb, IMO. Season three has a few gems, and season four isn't really worth watching IMO unless you're a completionist.

They have a couple other exclusives I think I might watch, or maybe I'll start digging into The Criterion Collection.

Really.....

I had ditched HULU pretty quick, but I am interested in hearing from someone that has sifted through. After netflix, amazon iss barren, but with a few gems. I thought hulu mada amazon look fantastic.

Crackle has a series that I have been told is awesome, Chosen I think?

Yet to watch it.

Battlestar Galactica is the best TV show ever made. It is on several streaming sites.

I loved the misfits on Hulu.

I have amazon prime, so many of their programming is "free" that's where I was watching all the BSG episodes again and Falling skies. It doesn't seem all that barren to me.

I settled on Torchwood which is a Dr Who spinoff that takes place in Cardiff, Wales. Pretty interesting so far. It's got a little more edge than the Doctor, the second episode featured a an alien that took over a woman's body and made her **** every guy she met til they exploded into dust when they came.

I loved the misfits on Hulu.

I have amazon prime, so many of their programming is "free" that's where I was watching all the BSG episodes again and Falling skies. It doesn't seem all that barren to me.

I settled on Torchwood which is a Dr Who spinoff that takes place in Cardiff, Wales. Pretty interesting so far. It's got a little more edge than the Doctor, the second episode featured a an alien that took over a woman's body and made her **** every guy she met til they exploded into dust when they came.

The episode I just watched of HEROES had dr who in it! He played an unhappy invisible man.

Community on Hulu Plus. Also the Criterion Collection on there is pretty awesome if you love old school and especially foreign films (Seven Samurai!!!)

Back