GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

PRE66_6TART

Reaction score
It's funny, but I watched that movie a lot growing up and never really noticed the bulge. Then one year my friend dressed up as Bowie's character for Halloween and was talking about stuffing his pants because the bulge was an important part of the costume and I had no idea what he was talking about.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It's funny, but I watched that movie a lot growing up and never really noticed the bulge. Then one year my friend dressed up as Bowie's character for Halloween and was talking about stuffing his pants because the bulge was an important part of the costume and I had no idea what he was talking about.
I never noticed either. I was too busy drooling over young Jennifer Connelly!

She's so hot.

Hernando

Reaction score
The Killing is a great show. 4 seasons long the last is only 6 epsiodes. Fantastic Crime drama.

IP Man is good as stated. The warrior is awesome. Dragon, A bada$$ movie if you like kung fu it's kung fu/ Noire style and yes it is subtitled.

Psylocide

Ippons for Days
Reaction score
The Killing is a great show. 4 seasons long the last is only 6 epsiodes. Fantastic Crime drama.

IP Man is good as stated. The warrior is awesome. Dragon, A bada$$ movie if you like kung fu it's kung fu/ Noire style and yes it is subtitled.
Give me subtitles over that cheesy dubbed junk every time.

Hernando

Reaction score
Give me subtitles over that cheesy dubbed junk every time.
Amen to that. (as my lips move unsynced)

Oh man, one of the best comedies to see as well (it;s raunchy comedy) loaded with a- listers is Movie 43.

ArkotRamathorn

Reaction score
I never noticed either. I was too busy drooling over young Jennifer Connelly!

She's so hot.
Wait, why haven't I seen this movie then? Now when SWMBO finds out Jennifer Connelly is in this she will probably immediately remove it from our list.

ghohn

Reaction score
Chris Porter's "Ugly and Angry" is excellent. Never breaks character (not sure it's character actually) and never laughs at his own jokes.

hunter_le five

Sheriff Underscore
Reaction score
Chris Porter's "Ugly and Angry" is excellent. Never breaks character (not sure it's character actually) and never laughs at his own jokes.

Saw him live in San Antonio a couple years ago. The turnout at the club was abysmal, I felt pretty bad for the guy, but the show was still good. The netflix special was good too, but he was still using a lot of the same jokes. Enjoyed it anyway.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Clicked on this expecting to see Starbuck and 8. Got Starbuck and 6.

Not even mad.
Starbuck and 6 sometimes go off on motorcycle trips together. They are best buddies. I'm not that into either, but I think it's cool.

Now 8 can ride my two-wheeler anytime! (I don't know what that means either, but it kind of sounds dirty, so...)

BierGut

Reaction score
I've been watching "marco polo" all day.

In all seriousness though, this thread made me check out Peaky Blinders. I have to say it's pretty good. Great cast and good acting.

Also, Ink Masters season finale tonight. Looking forward to that too.

bleme

Reaction score
Um, Marco Polo has lots of boobs. The perky Asian ones to be exact. Plus it's really Good. Good night

My wife didn't like the first episode, but she hasn't complained about me watching it by myself. Yet.

hunter_le five

Sheriff Underscore
Reaction score
Just watched Korengal. Pretty good. If you liked Restrepo, it's basically more of the same.

For those who haven't seen Restrepo, it's a war documentary following a group of soldiers in a particularly hostile part of Afghanistan. Powerful stuff.

HoppyDaze

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched Korengal. Pretty good. If you liked Restrepo, it's basically more of the same.

For those who haven't seen Restrepo, it's a war documentary following a group of soldiers in a particularly hostile part of Afghanistan. Powerful stuff.

Looked like scenes that weren't shown in Restrepo. Barely different at all. Maybe a money grab?

ArkotRamathorn

Reaction score
I cant beleive I forgot to mention this. Top Gear, always always always fun to watch, even after watching some episodes like 15 times (over the course of 5 years) the show is still hilarious.

If you havent watched Top Gear, watch it. It's very much not a car show as far as I am concerned. Maybe 5-10 minutes of an episode are spent actually talking about car stuff, so if you arent a car person, trust me, its not a car show like you might think of a "car show".

Cheesy_Goodness

Reaction score
Wife and I binge watched Agents of SHIELD last week. Started out pretty good and kept getting better as the season went on.

Reactions: Pyg

BierGut

Reaction score
Black Mirrors. Season 1, episode 1.....Like WTF? If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean.

ArkotRamathorn

Reaction score
I watched Odd Thomas. That was pretty good.
I was quite surprised it came out as good as it did, I was POSITIVE it was gonna suck.

The book series is rather entertaining as well, I am not sure if he's finished writing the books yet (Dean Koontz).