good...no....great beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgo

Reaction score
I had a period (earlier this century) where I could only brew maybe 1 in 4 batches of decent beer. The rest were very sour and either grapefruity or anise seed tasting. Blecchhhh. I sadly dumped batch after batch down the drain.

After a greater re-focus on sanitation (giving up bleach and using star san and/or One Step after a PBW'ing) and new equipment, I've had 10 straight excellent beers that were fantastic.

It is such a joy to drink really good beer that you brewed yourself.

Can I get a tru dat from anyone?

I used to brew 2-3 times a year, now it's...what's brewing this weekend? :ban: :ban:

Tru Dat!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like a successful batch of beer to make you feel good about yourself.

Amen brother!
You need to tell your story to the next guy that swears bleach is the way to go.
Here is to you and your great brews. :mug:
Dancing banana just because I don't use him nearly enough :ban:

Bleach is an effective sanitizer. The reason your infections went away was replacing scratched, pitted, and etched equipment. Still congrats on finding a formula that works for you!

Bleach is an effective sanitizer, except you have to rinse thoroughly. I rinsed with unsterile tap water and reaped the inevitable results. No rinse (star san or one step)...it's the the way to go!:fro: Fro man thinks so too.

cowgo said:
Bleach is an effective sanitizer, except you have to rinse thoroughly. I rinsed with unsterile tap water and reaped the inevitable results. No rinse (star san or one step)...it's the the way to go!:fro: Fro man thinks so too.

You have to agree with Fro Man...
No rinse is the only way to go...
and as to brewing good beer,
I agree completely. I just got back into brewing in November, and my first two
batches SUCKED... I can, and will, drink them... and I am hoping that letting them age will help them, but the simple fact is, they were not great. The next four that I have brewed since then have been great. I can not tell you how good it felt to have people compliment my beer....

Now if we could only get a dancing banana WITH a fro...
:ban: :fro:

Back