Good News

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My 15 year old came down with flu symptoms on Friday and by Saturday his fever was 103. Rushed him to the doc, who said it was likely H1N1. The *good news* is that he's getting better. As you may know, healthy young people (teens and twenties) are a group that is suffering complications from this virus, so we are grateful. FYI, vaccines are not yet available here.

Everyone has been getting sick up here. The school closing in Northern Michigan are reading like a Winter Storm closing list. The school 15 minutes away was closed for like a week. The girls in my house were all a bit sick this week, and my 15 yo is home today with a 102 fever. No word on if it's H1N1 though.

I got a standard flu shot and so far have not been sick. Passed on the H1N1 vaccine.

Good to hear he's doing okay. Type A H1N1 is nasty stuff. Got it in 1957. All five of the kids had it at the same time. Poor mom! Got the vaccine in 1976, so I'm not too worried this year. Besides, I'm the lowest priority group.

One of the local colleges isolated an entire dormitory a couple weeks back. No serious cases though.

Glad he's OK, Pappers. I had a serious flu virus once in my life while in college. My fever was up to 104°F. I felt so bad, all I can remember was wishing I could just die. I hope your son has a speedy recovery and didn't pass it on to anyone else.

hope your son has a speedy recovery and didn't pass it on to anyone else.

Yes, we're holding our breaths, especially because there are no vaccines around here. If I were the parent of one of the children who have died from H1N1, I would be so angry at the slowness of the vaccine delivery . . . but that's for the debate thread, not here. My boy seems like he's avoided the more serious complications.

Yes, we're holding our breaths, especially because there are no vaccines around here. If I were the parent of one of the children who have died from H1N1, I would be so angry at the slowness of the vaccine delivery . . . but that's for the debate thread, not here. My boy seems like he's avoided the more serious complications.

That's good to hear ... it's been pretty bad over by me. My youngsters haven't gotten flu shots either because the govt. blocked the shipments of regular flu vaccines to push the H1N1's then held them up. If either of my two youngsters get sick with the flu, I'm going to be slightly more than angry :mad:

Latest posts

Back