Good Misc. Meat Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damnit, I was hoping the guy from WI was gonna post an epic brat recipe :D

Thanks for the link stupor; I may try some of them...

Cracked open a jar of homemade "traditional dill pickles" last night. I used the pickling spice recipe and the pickle recipe from Chacuterie. I used pickling cuc's from my garden and also added a heaping teaspoon of chopped garlic.

Holy effin win!

Put it this way... I just finished jarring eight more jars.

I am embarrassed to say I don't. I have tried a couple recipes and havent found one that really jazzed me.

Have you tried the brat recipe from "Charcuterie"? I though that was a pretty good representation of a brat.

I've been making bacon and sausage non-stop since you recommended the book and stuffer. Another hobby w/benefits. Thanks. :mug:

Oh, and I came across a simple Hungarian garlic sausage recipe not in the "bible". It works well as a bulk patty that's grilled or in a link smoked, grilled or simmered w/kraut. If you or anyone else is interested, I'd be happy to post it.

Uhhh... Yeah Hugh... fire away.

In terms of where I buy my meat... three places:

1) Boston Butts and Ribs; BJs... believe it or not... you can't beat the place.
2) ducks, pork fat, other odd ball stuff... Chinatown in Boston (I work near by)
3) Pork bellies, briskets, etc... Armando's down in Pawtucket RI. GREAT place.

Blood Farm up in Groton is really good in these parts. You can ask for half a cow if you want and they won't blink an eye. Quality is good plus they'll have variety (actually saw goose eggs in there at one time). You actually see moo moo going in and then leaving nicely packaged.

They use to do game but I don't believe they do anymore. However, I do have connections. Gonna work on some venison, bear and moose this fall.

cape, you should be a lot bigger of a man with all this meat you make. Do you just make it to give away or are you shoveling this stuff down like I would?

LOL... Trust me. You're not the first person to say that. Same with the SWMBO. We ain't twigs but we should be at least 300 lbs more than we are. She's downstairs right now making some homemade ricotta for simple baked ziti tomorrow.

Jesus... I gotta get the pig roast vid from this year put together. Hog wasnt as good as I had hoped but it is an easy fix for next year and it was still pretty epic

Back