Quantcast

Good Kits

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

addis29

Reaction score
I am starting to brew my second batch ever. I bought my first kit from midwest supplies. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good second kit You could reccommend?

avidhomebrewer

Reaction score
I've brewed a few True Brew kits over the years and they turn out good.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
I've used a bunch of kits from midwest and I've don't have any complaints about any of them. Their Double IPA kit is awesome.

micsager

Reaction score
I like the midwest kits, and they have a great variety. Too bad prices are going up soon because of the hops.

Chello

Reaction score
this site also gives Austin Homebrew Kits a nice following. They have more than anyone i know and all the ones iv tried turned out great.

Just be aware that if you try to do a "clone" kit that with the hop shortage it may not come out as close as normal as most places are being forced to substitute hops.

Reaction score
I have only done extract brewing, most from a kit or variations on a kit I have done before, from various sites including midwest. If you do them correctly they all turn out great. Even the ones I did not have a taste for were still good beers, and I have never thrown a batch away. Do what you like to drink, what meets your tastes. I don't like IPA's enough to do a batch of them. That is me. Doesn't mean IPA kits aren't great. I would buy some books now, I didn't buy books until many batches. You will wish you had some books eventually, even if you don't think you need/want them now. Knowledge is power! haha

Eb