Good Job Spitzer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, he annoys me to no end. I read the article and it isnt really clear, did he use taxpayers funds to do this, or his own money?

If it was his own money who really cares? Clinton had his cigar tryst with that cow monica and people still love him.

The issue is that he's now seen as a hypocrite. He rode into office with an agenda of cleaning up Albany. He's cast himself as St. Eliot, Cleanser of Wall Street and Eradicator of Moral Turpitude.

Thing is, I like him, I think he did a helluva job exposing crap that needed to be exposed when he was AG, but I can't think of too many politicians who have made more enemies that Spitzer.

Had he not built this image of himself, he might have been able to survive. As it stands, he is D-U-N.

skinfiddler said:
Get off the guy's back. It's only about sex. /s

No, it's not. It's like "the_bird" said, he's a hyprocrite. The almighty sent to clean up the world. Too bad he's too full of himself to not think he might actually get caught doing something wrong.

Kilted Brewer said:
No, it's not. It's like "the_bird" said, he's a hyprocrite. The almighty sent to clean up the world. Too bad he's too full of himself to not think he might actually get caught doing something wrong.

Note "sarcasm" switch

Guys, lets not overlook the fact that what he did was ILLEGAL. Sure we can't castrate the guy for it, but he did break the law. Cheating on his wife is the moral dilemma, but soliciting and engaging in prostitution is the legal dilemma...

I love the fact that he was haggling over fees. Maybe he was trying to reform the prostitution industry... "THEY'RE GOUGING THE JOHNS!"

Soulive said:
Guys, lets not overlook the fact that what he did was ILLEGAL. Sure we can't castrate the guy for it, but he did break the law. Cheating on his wife is the moral dilemma, but soliciting and engaging in prostitution is the legal dilemma...

An normal circumstances, I'd say "who gives a sh*t; the fact that paying for sex is illegal in the first place is bogus, so more power to the guy, even if it is dickish to cheat on your wife".

Except in this case.

Because: Spitzer spearheaded, among other things, operations to shut down several prostitution rings when he was AG. And he got elected largely based on his stance on high morals and ethics. This isn't about whether what he did is technically against the stupid laws---it's about his hypocrisy/double standard.

If I were Spitzer, I would take this opportunity to start a crusade to bring prostitution out from the shadows and make it legal, regulated, monitored, and taxed.

What does he have to lose? His political career is over. May as well turn this into a positive.

Evan! said:
This isn't about whether what he did is technically against the stupid laws---it's about his hypocrisy/double standard.

+1 on that. You cannot take a moral stance against something and create a voter base on the stance then s*** in the face of that. I've nothing against prostitution in theory (regulated - tested) but I do have a problem with the idea that something is no good or wrong for the plebs but is fine for the bourgeois. It is all about the double-standard.

One good thing is that another hypocrite politician led out his own rope then hung himself on it.:rockin:

Professor Frink said:
This thread is useless without pics. I'll form my opinion once I see Kristen;)

I read in the NYTimes that Spitzer could sometimes be "difficult", asking the girls to do things that might be considered dangerous. Why do people in power always seem to be the kinkiest?

prostitution has ties to organized crime. He get a prostitute, the crime syndicate blackmails him, how effective will he be at cleaning anything up at that point?

I dont care that he banged a hooker, the problem is it could come back to compromise him and his ability to do his job to the degree which it needs to be done.

He also took a flight to DC with money from the state of NY. He could get busted for misappropriation of state funds if the AG is worth any salt.

As i understand it is was his own money he used in the actual purchase though.

All of the hot air he blew about cleaning up the organized crime, gambling etc. makes it so he will never recover from this.

When you strip it down (no pun intended) to prostitution, it is a law that is in place because of someones morals. Evan posted about the waste of money "get the highschool kid and his dimebag" sting a couple weeks ago. To me these stings are equivalent. Setting up officers in a motel room, sending out a phony female to stand on the corner looking sexy so these saps come up, then slamming them on the ground and arresting them when they come in the room. Using taxpayers money for that is LUDICROUS!

I know this was a different type of sting, if it is uncovering deeper things like money laundering, drugs, etc. It can be justified easily.

0312084kristen1.jpg

0312084kristen2.jpg

0312084kristen3.jpg

0312084kristen4.jpg

Thanks for emphasizing my point Jay. The first picture alone says it all. Its sad though that a young beautiful girl resorts to making money this way. Supposedly she can sing too...:(

This was a bad bad man. Yes everyone knows he tried to "reform" Wall Street. But what people don't know is how he tried to prosecute many innocent people. People that he thought got in his way. Oh, lets not forget the money laundering (http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8211) and the attempt to setup State Senator Joe Burno in a phony charge of misusing state funds. He's a Bad Bad Man!

I guess the most disappointing thing about this situation.. other than the hypocrisy, is that Now, a good man who did LOT of good things, has had to stand down and let another man take his place. The replacement, is a blind black man. I don't know this guy's credentials, but a crime fighting, outstanding former AG seems the better choice, even if he DOES have to pay for sex with the sort of women he desires.

Balancing out the pros and cons of the entire situation, it seems too bad that someone doing as good of a job as he seemed to be, is cast aside in favour of another, less appropriate candidate.

It was sort of like claiming Bill Clinton wasn't a good president because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants... He was a GREAT president, and 1000 times better politician than Dubya...

I disagree Pete. Spitzer was a lying a-hole hypocrite from the beginning. It's all about POWER. He ruined peoples lives who did NOTHING with his AG antics. Clinton was the same and his legacy is a stained dress.

PeteOz77 said:
The replacement, is a blind black man. I don't know this guy's credentials, but a crime fighting, outstanding former AG seems the better choice, even if he DOES have to pay for sex with the sort of women he desires.

Balancing out the pros and cons of the entire situation, it seems too bad that someone doing as good of a job as he seemed to be, is cast aside in favour of another, less appropriate candidate.
So let me get this straight, Pete.

You don't know anything about Spitzer's replacement except that he is blind and black yet you assume that the replacement is 'less appropriate' for the job than Spitzer.

Let's be honest here: you have no freaking idea whether the new guys is better worse or the same than the lying, duplicitious guy that just got run out of office.

As far as I am concerned, netiher being blind or being black makes you a bad candidate for the job. Being a hypocrite and participating in the very crimes you claimed to be fighting as you climbed into the job does make you a bad candidate.

kornkob said:
So let me get this straight, Pete.

You don't know anything about Spitzer's replacement except that he is blind and black yet you assume that the replacement is 'less appropriate' for the job than Spitzer.

Let's be honest here: you have no freaking idea whether the new guys is better worse or the same than the lying, duplicitious guy that just got run out of office.

As far as I am concerned, netiher being blind or being black makes you a bad candidate for the job. Being a hypocrite and participating in the very crimes you claimed to be fighting as you climbed into the job does make you a bad candidate.

Here, here! :mug:

kornkob said:
Being a hypocrite and participating in the very crimes you claimed to be fighting as you climbed into the job does make you a bad candidate.
Yep. That's why so many were calling for his head. Good riddance and DLTDHYITAOTWO.

Look for the Spitzman to be indicted soon. Possible charges are...

* Money laundering for trying to conceal the source and recipient of financial transactions.
* Tax evasion, if he was a knowing party to an all-cash business that wasn't filing taxes.
* Violation of the Mann Act for paying for the trip from New York to D.C. by the call girl known as "Kristen."
* Misuse of state resources, if he used his state-issued credit card for hotels or meals with prostitutes as well as if he was being protected by State Troopers during his dalliances.
* And finally, soliciting prostitution.

I just wonder who will buy the governorship next? Corzine bought the NJ and Bloomberg bought NYC. Afterall, it's only money.

Can you imagine the brewing equipment you could have for a fraction of what these guys spent of their own money to buy their position of power?

Jesus H Christ!

Listening to all you Holy Rollers squalking makes me think that pretty soon the only people who can get elected to public office will be red haired, left handed, midget, Lithuanian, Lesbian, Vegans, who wear sensible shoes and own 8 cats and have nothing left to hide!!!!

What is this word coming to when a man can't run for Public office and get a some hookers on the side? You don't think George Washington was named the "Father of His Country" cause he was the first President, do you? What do you think "Tippy Canoe and Tyler, too" meant ? Hell, I'm even willing to let Bubba off the hook for getting his pipes cleaned by some Jenny Craig wannabe. (Hell, if you keep your eyes closed it's all good!) Who amoungst us hasn't flown to Foggy Bottom and had a high priced hooker or three show up at his hotel room for an afternon of "Community Outreach?" ( Actually, I think in 'my friends' case it went from 11:16am to 11:31am and 'he' was PISSED, truely and honestly PISSED, that 'he' had to pay for the whole hour for ALL of them! How is THAT fair? Somebody PLEASE tell me how that is fair!! But I digress...)

OH sure, you jealous bastard are all pissed off because the last time YOU made it with a 5' 5", 105# hottie you were a freshman in college living in a frat with 20 other horndogs, and she was anorexic, had zits and was flunking freshman English. You know damned well that if you were 'Guvna' of the great State of NY you would make Ron Jeremy proud. Eliot had 2 choices. He could cozzy up to Hillary or spend a few of the taxpayers sheckles on something a little less... worn.

DUH!!!!! I say it's money well spent. He showed up at work in the morning with a smile on his face and a spring in his step! Good on you, Eliot! Cause I got to tell ya there Brother, I'm sure she was hot when you married her, but she's looking a little long in the face and long in the tooth these days, son.

Hey Eliot, I read that one of the prospective girls recruited by the 'company' was astounded that the girl she 'learned the ropes from' had sex with some guy twice in an hour and he didn't even buy her dinner. You don't happen to have the number of that preceptor, do you? Not that I would mind buying dinner or anything, but at $2500per hour she'd need to chew real fast, if you get my meaning!

paulthenurse said:
What is this word coming to when a man can't run for Public office and get a some hookers on the side?

DUH!!!!! I say it's money well spent.

Actually, if he wasn't such a hypocrite, most folks would go BFD and move on, but the a-hole is one of those "Do as I say, not as I do" pr1cks.

As far as money well spent, would you still say that if you were a NY tax payer and it turns out he spending your confiscated hard earned money on high priced nookie?

He's nothing to be proud of and everything he's done just proves his idiocy.

EdWort said:
Yep. That's why so many were calling for his head. Good riddance and DLTDHYITAOTWO.

Look for the Spitzman to be indicted soon. Possible charges are...

* Money laundering for trying to conceal the source and recipient of financial transactions.
* Tax evasion, if he was a knowing party to an all-cash business that wasn't filing taxes.
* Violation of the Mann Act for paying for the trip from New York to D.C. by the call girl known as "Kristen."
* Misuse of state resources, if he used his state-issued credit card for hotels or meals with prostitutes as well as if he was being protected by State Troopers during his dalliances.
* And finally, soliciting prostitution.

I just wonder who will buy the governorship next? Corzine bought the NJ and Bloomberg bought NYC. Afterall, it's only money.

Can you imagine the brewing equipment you could have for a fraction of what these guys spent of their own money to buy their position of power?

I don't like him because he's a hypocrite, but before he gets indited for ANYTHING we have some other people that deserve it much more. And that's all I'm going to comment on this.

EdWort said:
Actually, if he wasn't such a hypocrite, most folks would go BFD and move on, but the a-hole is one of those "Do as I say, not as I do" pr1cks.

As far as money well spent, would you still say that if you were a NY tax payer and it turns out he spending your confiscated hard earned money on high priced nookie?

He's nothing to be proud of and everything he's done just proves his idiocy.

It appears the sarcasm in my post wasn't apparent. I'll try to lay it on a bit thicker next time.

:cross:

paulthenurse said:
It appears the sarcasm in my post wasn't apparent. I'll try to lay it on a bit thicker next time.

:cross:

Ya forgot the /sarc tag. I thought you were serious about the vegans. :drunk:

Back