Good Hops Source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshaggy

Reaction score
I'm looking to get several types of whole leaf hops, but the place I usually order from (Midwest Supplies) is out of a few of the ones I need. I know my local home brew store doesn't have them either. Can anyone recommend some other reliable sources to buy whole leaf hops? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I'm especially looking for Hallertauer leaf hops, but most places seem to be out of them. I'm looking to get about 4 ounces, so I don't really need to buy in bulk.

Thanks for the reply. I'm especially looking for Hallertauer leaf hops, but most places seem to be out of them. I'm looking to get about 4 ounces, so I don't really need to buy in bulk.

You can get a lb (16 oz) for $16. That's about twice what you'd pay for the 4oz, but 4 times the hops--if you're going to make this recipe or another one that uses Hallertauer in the nearish future, it might be worth thinking about. Or if you have a friend who brews you might be able to split a pound.

Yeah I think I'm gonna get the one pound for $16. That's a great deal, considering one ounce is at least $2.

i second the suggestion for freshops. i've known dave since the early 1990's and have actually helped pack orders for him while out visiting. he's a down-to-earth dude who also runs the Oregon Trail Brewing Co. and knows a LOT of folks in the hop industry. if you catch him when he's not really busy, he'll talk your ear off about hops and steer you in the right direction if he can't answer your questions. three thumbs up!

+1 for HopsDirect. They have always taken great care of me, the hops come quickly and professionally packaged, and their pounds are usually a few ounces too heavy! :ban:

I'd rather buy in bulk for cheap and let the hops get old than to donate $$ to the people raping us on hops.

I got my 1 lb. from hops direct and it was packed full with real good quality hops. I don't have a scale (add it to the list of things I need to get). I divided it up into 16 sandwich bags by eye. I doubt there's exactly 1 oz. in each bag but good enough for me. This place seems like the way to go until my crops get going.

Back