Good Homebrew/microbrew Magazines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brew Your Own and Zymurgy are the two big ones. Of the two, Brew Your Own is definitely more tailored towards brand new brewers. I find Zymurgy to be better, but I think it is also much more pretentious than Brew Your Own and it's put out by the AHA. Just read this month's article by Papazian and you'll see what I'm talking about. I do think this month's issue of Zymurgy (the one with the pumpkin) is well worth it as it has the winning recipes from the NHC posted. It conveniently doesn't mention any of the registration hiccups or other competition issues with the interview of Janice Gross regarding the 2013 NHC.

I subscribe to BYO and I have an AHA membership so I get Zymurgy. I prefer BYO, but I definitely flip through both of them. The brewery discounts that come with AHA make that worth it for me, so Zymurgy is just a bonus.

Excellent! Thanks a bunch. I'm looking for a magazine to replace my expiring membership to Guns & Ammo. Haha!

Draft is a good all around beer magazine. Not so much for homebrewing, but it has a lot of cool beer related info like beer reviews, recipes, bars, etc. They also have articles about the beer industry as well.

Back