Good deals on stainless stock pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone open the link to the picture of the pots on the link listed above?

Willsellout said:
Are they heavy duty? I don't want to buy my kettle twice. I'm looking at the 53 quart for my AG setup.

I'm not sure what heavy duty means exactly, but it's a solid unit. It didn't come with any information regarding thickness of the steel, just that it's 18/10. I can say that it's significantly more solid than the 20 quart ss pot it is replacing. I could push the side of that one in and it would flex easily, where as this one barely gives. The bottom is the thick sandwiched aluminum type.

It also comes with a lid, which usually costs $10 or so more at most places. A steamer bottom, too, but thats only useful if you're making Snow Crab Ale.

Okay, now I see why I cant open it...

We apologize, 125West.com is temporarily down due to the North Eastern snow storm.

We anticipate that 125West.com will be back online later this evening.We're sorry for any inconvenience. Please come again, soon.

here is a pic from that website

Spectrum_Stockpots.jpg

I have the 53qt version, I've done one 5 gallon brew and even used it to make king crab legs since it comes with a steamer bottom.

It's a far superior pot to the other 20qt stainless one I used before, much more sturdy.

I can take a picture if you like.

all my cooking pots and pans are 18/10 stainless steel. I have had no problems with them. I think 18/10 is professional quality.

Back